Gaming Wii master key codes? same for all consoles?

cartman100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help here, i am in the UK and have bought a 2nd hand Wii from GAME UK LTD, the problem is that the consoles parental controls have been activated, and the console asks for a PIN when trying to do a system update .

i tried formating the Wii system memory but again the same problem, click format system memory and it asks for the PIN,

i rang the nintendo uk customer services and when i said i had bought the console 2nd hand from GAME they said they could not supply me with the master key code as it has to be the original buyer who asks for the master key, something to do with the data protection act.

can anybody please let me know if the master key is unique to each individual console or is the same for every Wii in each country and if possible could you post the master key number if you are in the UK and have had this problem

thanks for any help

unsure.gif

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try calling them again and don't say that you got it 2nd hand but say that you just forgot the code.

EDIT: Yeah, the above thing. Too slow.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
It can be done. I've just tried it on my Wii because a friend bought a 2nd hand Wii with parental controls turned on.

Use Waninkoko's FS dumper and save the dumped FS on your hard drive.

Navigate to X:\WII_FS\SHARED2\SYS and open SYSCONF in an editor with support for hex offsets.

The pin number is stored at 1533H

The secret question answer is stored at 1539H

I think I've explained that right. I'm no hex expert (hexpert?) but I think I have the values right. Someone else try and let me know!

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the Parental control master key, is Unique to each console, additionally to that, it is also Unique to each day of the year.

The confirmation number that your Wii provides to you, as well as the Month and Day, are used to calculate the 5 digit master key that will unlock the parental controls. No point in posting mine, as it will only unlock it for my Wii. Although Nintendo will advise you that the master code they give to you will only work till the end of the day, you can freely change the month/day on the Wii, without parental control pin, so only one phone call to nintendo to obtain such code is actually required.

Oh, btw, on my North American Wii, I have the pin/answer in same file, but at offsets 1526H and 152CH respectively. These things should be easily recognizable in the file, as the Pin code is 4 numeric digits, and the Answer to the question will be at least 6 Unicode characters. Between the Two of us, this information should be around 1500H to 1600H. It may well be specific to firmware version and region.

jgame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the website below. It worked for me! I think my son set the password so I couldn't see what he was up to. I didn't have a clue on the security question and consumer support was closed tonight. Good luck. You may have to change the date and time zone to where you got the wii from. I was a day behind the time and day listed.

http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool