Wii Linux (XWhiite 0.2) with working WiFi tutorial

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by elmurato, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Single User

Single User Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Gambia, The

2. knm

knm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2012
    United States
    I have a question, but I'm a bit new on Whiite Linux. I'm stuck on the first step where it said "To fix this you have to recompile the kernel" on the Wiibrew Forum page (http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?29,61010). What can I found this kernel configuration?

Code:
    zcat /proc/config.gz > /tmp/my_kernel_config.txt
    By the way, what does it means "To get your
    kernel configuration just boot into your whiite linux installation and do a (zcat /proc/config.gz > /tmp/my_kernel_config.txt)?

3. laharl22

laharl22 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    anybody have a bundle of debian wii with xfce for whiite installer ?

4. laharl22

laharl22 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    help me please for a easy installer for debian im missing with debian installer

5. Jasjar

Jasjar Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2016
    Does anyone have a copy of xwhiite? The file on the top of the page is missing entire folders. All it has is boot, initrd, lib, lost+found, media, root, sbin, usr and var. I tried to use it anyway, but when I boot it there is only text and I cannot type anything.

Last edited by Jasjar, Nov 6, 2016
  6. DismissedGuy

DismissedGuy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2016
    Netherlands
    Mercury
    As far as I know (may not be true), those are the only folders you need. You need to install the xfce environment, as stated in the tutorial.
    However, if you still think you have the wrong one, use the link in Single User's last post on this thread. That one worked well for me. The one in the tutorial is down anyways. (Well, it is for me)