Hardware Wii Lightgun attachment

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't heard anything about this since it's appearance at E3. Anyone have any info on when/if this will be released and at what cost?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will probably be $19.99 like the other attachments and released around the same time as the first shooting (not FPS) game like the duck hunt demo.
There is likely to be a 3rd party version out before that for the potentially huge list of FPS games.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My personal belief is that it will be included with a game and if available seperately must be very cheap.
It is basically a handle.

The wiimotes and nunchucks would cost a fair bit to make and even at their high prices may not have much profit margin. I'm sure the Zapper attachment would be very cheap to manufacture.

I live in hope!
unsure.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they should be offered with games for a small extra cost so you dont' end up with loads of the same adaptor for similar games.
When they bundled the N64 expansion pak with games it was the worst move because it made the games more expensive and alot of retailers didn't have the game on its own.
I am suprised that the classic controller is that price since it just appears to be wires and switches and the wii-mote doing all the processing and wireless.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
zapper1.jpg

I'm not sure where this pic comes from, found it on Google pics.
At least here's a picture for those like me who forgot what the lightgun looked like.

Edit: 2nd version
lightgun_shell2.jpg

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They should definitely release this before Metroid Prime: Corruption comes out. Or bundled with the game.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
veho, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption requires the nunchuck attachment, which can't be plugged in if the lightgun attachment is.
They could have a simple pass through connector that comes out to the bottom of the light gun handle that allows for the nunchuck to be attached. That would be so awesome!
biggrin.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like none of you noticed that the gun handle actually IS a nunchuck as well. You see that thing on the outside of the curve? That's the nunchuck joystick.

There must be a missing button or two, though, so it still wouldn't work with a game that required buttons on the nunchuck as well, unless they were doubled up on the controller side.

Upon taking a closer look I also noticed that it looks like you can hold the thing with two hands and have a button for both index fingers: on at the trigger, and one at the wiimote button. Holding the gun that way would also give you access to the buttons on top of the wiimote without getting in the way of anything.

So in summary, this just looks like the nunchuck in a different shape, maybe held in different hands.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It looks like none of you noticed that the gun handle actually IS a nunchuck as well. You see that thing on the outside of the curve? That's the nunchuck joystick.
See? See? I told you
wink.gif

So, I repeat, I hope this comes out in time for MP:C.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We still haven't seen the actual lightgun attachment, only mockups. The final product could be different.

I'm sure they will make it fit for as many games as possible (including MP:C), to give us more incentive to buy.

I would definitely buy it if you could play MP:C with it. If not, I'm not so sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body