wii korean error 003 unauthroize device has been detected

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kimnue, Sep 12, 2017.

1. kimnue
    OP

kimnue Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Thailand
    hi. i had wii korean for long time . today i click update firmware from nintendo from 4.1 to 4.3 and it ask me to download wiishop . i select yes
    after wii reboot. it show black screen ERROR: 003 unauthorized device has been detected

i read the topic of this https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-korean-4-2-error-003-unauthorized-device-ha.207572/ for fix
    but it has download only this
    For USA You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBE/st
    For JAP You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBJ/st
    For PAL You need to install Smash Stack to SD:/private/wii/app/0SBP/st

which one i have to use. and does it possible to fix this eror without modchip. my kid want to play wii T T

really thank

2. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    You should use the same files as the region of your ssbb game, pal/kor files should be ok iirc.
    And btw, do you happen to have bootmii installed as boot2, try to power on your wii while holding the reset button to see if a different menu appears

3. kimnue
    OP

kimnue Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Thailand
    hi. i did not install bootmi or priloader... does it possible to recover my wii T T

4. THEELEMENTKH

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Well, i never had this error before, but i'm pretty sure it's recoverable somehow, even without bootmii/priiloader

5. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    but your Korean wii is with original Korean menu or hacked to have US/any other menu ?
    If the second, must be the reason of not being bale to update normally :/

6. THEELEMENTKH

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Hmm... searching for this error online seems to suggest that you have a region changed Wii (from KOR to USA) somehow.
    And the only way to fix this is with a modchip that allows you to play burned discs, so if you haven't got one you're SOL :(

7. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    can't you sue letterbomb or something?

(was chaging korean wii into US a thing? i heard a really lot about ... and if they made an update to " block" it , probably was a real big thing? o_o

8. THEELEMENTKH

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    I don't think so since this error prevents you from entering the Home Menu iirc
    So the only options are the disc swap method (which requires a modchip) or starting the Koreankill homebrew (which requires being able to start the homebrew channel on boot, which you can do if you have installed priiloader, which the OP doesn't have)

9. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    oh... I don't knew it blocked the home menu :wtf: so it's a literal block!
    but how to boot the game them ?

10. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    You can use Savemii and Smash Brawl PAL to fix the issue - it requires swapping the disc with a correct region game and loading the exploit from there. Replace IOS80 with IOS60 and the console should boot fine. (install it over IOS80 completely)

Last edited by lisreal2401, Sep 12, 2017
  11. kimnue
    OP

kimnue Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Thailand
    hi lisreal2401 can u explain me more and where to get the file and do it ? i kinda stupid

Last edited by kimnue, Sep 13, 2017
  12. remlei

remlei Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2013
    there are many ways to fix this, the most accessible fix is using SSBB disc which a autoboot game.

once you autoboot the game its only a matter of booting HBC from there, so at that point you either install the hacked IOS or just permanently modify a value on eeprom on wii which flags your wii as korean or not.

having eeprom modified for korean wii to unflag it self as a korean wii is probably most risky thing but once done properly, you can say sayonora with error 003 on your wii you can now install the latest wii US/EUR/JPN sysmenu with all IOS as non-patched.

some user may hate me for saying this but I already done this on countless korean wiis and all of them had no issues what so ever.

13. kimnue
    OP

kimnue Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2017
    Thailand
    hi remlei
    1. do u have link share for download SSBB disc. i have no idea what is ssbb disc
    2. after i boot SSBB disc. how to access homebrew channel. becasue i did not install homebrew channel yet

thank
    kim

14. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can't ask for download links for copyrighted material here.

15. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    SSBB means Super Smash Brother Brawl, you need a Super Smash Bros Brawl legit disc (cannot be downloaded/burned)

that was rude, this person had no idea what ssbb stood for so of course someone would ask for a download link. you could have at least explained what it was.