Hacking Wii ISOs not showing any info and kicking me back to homebrew channel

cerealfordinner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone from here can help me because ive been tearing my hair out for the last couple of hours. So i picked up a Wii from the swap shop today and i brought
it home and it was on 3.4U so i updated it to 4.3U and installed the Homebrew Channel through letterbox like i have for every other Wii ive modded and than i loaded up the SD card with the d2x cios installer and usb loader gx. I use witgui which is a Wii and GameCube game manager for Mac OS X to load a gamecube game and two Wii games that i know work on the other Wii i modded. Now when i launch usb loader it recognizes the flash drive and shows all the games as blank titles with no image or names or anything, and when i launch the titles the screen turns black and then brings me back to the homebrew channel. I have tried d2x cios v6 v8 and v10 with of course 56 in slot 249 and 57 in slot 250 and still haven't gotten anywhere. If someone could help me id really appreciate it.

cerealfordinner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woops almost forgot to dump my syscheck

Code:
sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder                           
Region: NTSC-U                           
The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)                           
Hollywood v0x11                           
Console ID: 81423022                           
Boot2 v4                           
Found 68 titles                           
Found 31 IOS on this console                           
Found 16 IOS Stubs on this console                           
IOS (revision)    IOS Stub    Trucha Bug    ES Identify    Flash Access    NAND Access    Boot2 Access    USB 2.0
IOS3 (rev 65280)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS4 (rev 65280)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS9 (rev 1034)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS10 (rev 768)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS11 (rev 256)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS12 (rev 526)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS13 (rev 1032)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS14 (rev 1032)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS15 (rev 1032)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS16 (rev 512)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS17 (rev 1032)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS20 (rev 256)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS21 (rev 1039)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS22 (rev 1294)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS28 (rev 1807)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS30 (rev 2816)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS31 (rev 3608)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS33 (rev 3608)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS34 (rev 3608)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS35 (rev 3608)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3608)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS37 (rev 5663)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS38 (rev 4124)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS40 (rev 3072)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS41 (rev 3607)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS43 (rev 3607)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS45 (rev 3607)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS46 (rev 3607)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS48 (rev 4124)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS50 (rev 5120)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS51 (rev 4864)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS52 (rev 5888)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS53 (rev 5663)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS55 (rev 5663)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS56 (rev 5662)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS57 (rev 5919)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS58 (rev 6176)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS60 (rev 6400)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS61 (rev 5662)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS62 (rev 6430)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS70 (rev 6912)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS80 (rev 6944)    No    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled    Disabled
IOS222 (rev 65280)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS223 (rev 65280)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?
IOS249 (rev 21010)    No    Enabled    Disabled    Disabled    Enabled    Disabled    Enabled
IOS250 (rev 21010)    No    Enabled    Disabled    Disabled    Enabled    Disabled    Enabled
IOS254 (rev 65280)    Yes    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?    ?

Report generated on 2016/08/13

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your syscheck version is a little old (it doesn't display the IOS base), but you said you used base56 and 57 so it's fine.

Does WitGUI really detect Wii and Gamecube games and put them in the different and respective folder?
or did you install gamecube games as if they were Wii games?

if you put gamecube games in /wbfs/ folder, they will not work and will be recognized as blank (due to either expecting Wii header).
For gamecube games, it's probably better to just copy the games to the /games/ folder.

Oh, and I hope you are using FAT32, not WBFS partition format, because that partition format is only for wii games, not gamecube.

cerealfordinner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can run a new version of syscheck if that would be beneficial. It's just weird because ive use witgui plenty in the past and never run into issues, the software basically formats the drive as WBFS and allows you to drag and drop the iso and the software handles the rest. I can try formatting the drive as fat32 and by adding the games manually. Thank you again for your quick response

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to post a new syscheck, what you said was enough.
If it format the drive as WBFS, then only Wii games can be played, not gamecube games.

use WitGUI for wii games (even on a FAT32 partition)
Copy gamecube games manually in this format: /games/Title you want/game.iso

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.