Wii is bricked. I have Priiloader, but Bootmii doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BubblegumGuru, May 19, 2012.

May 19, 2012
    • Newcomer

BubblegumGuru New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Alright, bear with me, I'm a bit of a derp when it comes to hacking.

So I bought my Wii in early 2007, it hasn't been updated since 4.2U. (I don't know if that's relevant information, but I'm putting that out there anyway)

I have the system menu brick. I can get Priiloader to come up (version 0.3 (r47)), though. However, I select "BootMii IOS" and it says "Error booting BootMii IOS!" I'm pretty sure I've used BootMii before, though not very much, so I don't know why I'm getting that error. I've actually never really understood BootMii all that well...Never really messed with it much. Do I need to have something on the SD card for it to run? It's actually been awhile since I did any hacking to my Wii in general, so I haven't really messed with what I had on the SD card.

Anyway, what can I do for my Wii at this point? I can still load things from the SD card with Priiloader, right? Can I somehow re-install BootMii? I don't really know what I'm doing at this point, so any help would be super duper appreciated. ._.

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Most important thing to get help is telling us HOW you got a brick.
    e.g. What did you do?
    • Newcomer

BubblegumGuru New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm not really sure. Months ago I'd been playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and I was having trouble getting Gamecube games to start up each time. Like I'd put it in and load it with the regular disk loader and the screen would go black and I'd have to reset it a bunch of times and try again before it would finally load it, sometimes I could boot it with Gecko, but even with Gecko I'd still have to reset it a bunch of times before I could get it to work. I also used a Gamecube Action Replay with it a few times and had the same 'having to reset a billion times' issues. I didn't have that problem with Wii games, though, and everything else seemed to work just fine.
    Anyway, that was in January and I hadn't really touched the Wii since then. Yesterday I had an urge to play Mario Kart and I turned on the Wii and, oh hey, nothing's coming up on screen, what's up with that? :|

Anon10W1z New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    For some weird reason everyone says they randomly get bricks after inactivity. To refresh your memory: Are you sure you did nothing after the last time your Wii was fine?

Anon10W1z New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So what did you do last on your Wii?
    • Newcomer

BubblegumGuru New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Yup, pretty darn sure.

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Message Count:
    United States
    Is your wiimote working in priiloader?

Mariosegafreak New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    OMG! I have the same problem with my gamecube games from installing cIOS corp 3.6! There's no uninstaller... But now I know you can play GC games on Gecko. does it support Action Replay codes by any chance?
    • Newcomer

BubblegumGuru New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Played Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The disk was still in there. I probably messed around in the Chao Garden with AR codes.

Yup. Works fine.

I usually was able to boot my old AR disc with Gecko.

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Message Count:
    United States
    OffTopic;
    Strangely it can happen not sure why, cause I recently had this happen to a wii in storage (with a minimum softmod hbc\bootmii. Strangely even a restored nand backup wouldn't fix it??? Originally thought it was a mail brick in the sense it would freeze at the health warning screen after pressing A, I could enter the system menu with maintenance mode but everything had a red tint and the wii would freeze eventually. Mail brick fix didn't fix it or restoring a nand dump (maybe it was corrupted not sure) comex nand formatter did fix it though.

sorry for the hijack Op, hope you get your wii sorted :)

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Message Count:
    United States
    load new hackmii installer via priiloader, install hbc, bootmii, make nand backup.

From hbc load game from disc via neogamma
    Test network connection

possibly reinstall system ios, system menu, priiloader 0.7 all without rebooting the wii.

Anon10W1z New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Yes, but this is a noob talking, and you should explain how to get all that and install it.

Anyways, use the ModMii program which you can find the link for in my signature. Follow the ModMii guide, by going into the HBC with Priiloader.