Gaming Wii Is A Piece of Shit!

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yea need new batteries every week.... gotta buy the 3rd party rechargeable battery thing, why cant they come with recharge like 360 and PS3.

3rd party rechargeable battery thing? invest in some rechargeable AA (UM3,LR6,w/e) batteries. You can use those batteries in other things too.

Also, they are gonna only allow you to use nintendo brand keyboard, microphones and any other accessories

How do you know?

QUOTE(khameleon @ Mar 8 2007, 09:03 PM)
Wii browser will cost money soon... why?!?!?!? all browsers are free on every PC or console ever made. Nintendo is greedy in many ways if you think about it(smart business men I guess).

Opera's fault mostly. (Previously stated)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Developers should treat the Wii's limitations as a challenge but nah too lazy.

3 months into the console's lifecycle and the developers aren't pushing the Wii to the limit yet? Crazy.
What I mean is that they're looking at it and not even trying to get what they want from it. This guy reckons he cant get the AI he wants from the Wii by just looking at specs, not even trying to find a way around it, not like developers could do something amazing with AI right now.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the person who said that all browsers on PC etc are free (I can't be bothered to find the post and quote right now), you forgot Opera - Opera has been non-free for as long as I can remember. It only became free recently (as it was gaining its popularity with Nintendo and such)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a spineless arrogant egomaniacal asshole to me, and let's not forget greatly unprofessional. The system is hardly 2 GCs slapped together, and while it may not do HDTV it's hardly a piece of shit. The system is designed for non-closed minded assholes such as himself. It's designed for non-gamers, casual gamers, and what I call 'tired' gamers who are sick of more of the same and what something different...which it is. Not everyone can afford a $1000+ HDTV, cables for it, $400-600 systems with $60 game...and even those who can still likely won't just bite as it maybe pretty but it's more of the same mostly so. IF all people thought like that chode, the PS3 would be raping the Wii and 360 into the dirt, fortunately there are a great deal smarter people out there as trends show so far.

Any valid points he made, and a few he did were completely destroyed by his childish behavior and more or less were rendered invalid because of his attitude problem as there's no arguing with arrogant stupidity.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hecker is on drugs, and from what I remember, Spore was announced for the DS a couple months ago, so he can't really hate Nintendo now, can he?

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I hate is that Wii makes you buy the nunchuk controller seperate, so once you buy an extra controller its too high priced for whats inside the system. Oh yea need new batteries every week.... gotta buy the 3rd party rechargeable battery thing, why cant they come with recharge like 360 and PS3.

Also, they are gonna only allow you to use nintendo brand keyboard, microphones and any other accessories, so you will end up paying more for wii than a 360 or PS3.

Wii browser will cost money soon... why?!?!?!? all browsers are free on every PC or console ever made. Nintendo is greedy in many ways if you think about it(smart business men I guess).

PS3 is the highest base price, but you can use your old PC mouse, keyboard, headset, hard drives, cameras, etc. They don't force you to buy new ones like nintendo and microsoft do. Also their online play is free and so is Home which will be insane.

Xbox360 is same price as a PS3 once you pay for Live and a headset. Also, if you want HD-DVD or a bigger HDD later its gonna make it way more than a PS3 then since you have to buy overpriced microsoft xbox brand addons only.

Yea BluRay, who wants it? It's going to die anyways. You can hardly compare PS2 on-line to Live. Most PS2 games were how you say... BORING!

The Wii for what it is, it's a fun gaming unit that was alot more innovative than merely upping the brillant backgrounds to 1080i or 1080p. Don't get me wrong, I love my 360. I have the HD DVD, dont' know why I bought it. I don't see myself buying HD movies anytime soon. I also have a Wii. Unless I get a PS3 for free, I won't own one.

btw, I bought a second reomte and Nunchuk for $79. That's two standalone controllers. A wiress PS2 or 360 controller can run you close to $50. Also, you dont' need to buy two Nunchuk's. Yes it came add up. Welcome to the console world. Have you been alseep?

Toxicwind

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well he seems to have apologized:

Kotaku said:
Remember Maxis developer Chris Hecker calling the Wii a "piece of shit"? He has an apology for you.

"I don't know who has read the internet, yesterday. In a [unintelligible] panel I said a bunch of things. I was trying to be thought provoking and entertaining and fun and a lot of the stuff went too far over the top—on the entertaining and fun side, so that it was no longer thought provoking, just inflammatory. And in the process I hurt a bunch of people I care about. And so, I want to apologize now.

When I'm on stage, I'm me. I'm talking talk from me. From me. I'm not representing EA or Maxis.

I want to make two things perfectly clear.

I do not think the Wii is a piece of shit. Nintendo needs to be applauded for trying to interface on the controller front, the user interface front, on making games accessible, on making a console that you don't need to mortgage your house to afford.

Secondly, it's totally obvious—and I'm sorry that I implied otherwise—that everyone at Nintendo is passionate at making great games. Some of the games give me hope that we will be seen as an art form on par with movies and books."

Whether or not he was made to apologize by his bosses isn't clear, but it's a good gesture nonetheless.
Link to article.

Such a fake apology! :S

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess someone made him try the Wii.
wub.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reckon he saw the backlash thought "Shit they wont buy my games" and just made a fake apology, I now think hes a bigger douchebag at least stick to what you said!

Thing about the Wii is that Nintendo themselves are not aiming this at people who want PS3/360 style graphics and games, they're trying to go past that and get other people on board and if those graphic whores get on board then thats a bonus for them.

I think for the first time since the early 90's we have 4 consoles (I'm including the DS here) that have different games for different types of gamers and the 3 home ones all have a chance to be market leader and to me thats bringing the excitement back in gaming.

The Wii isnt the strongest powered, neither was the Spectrum, NES or C64 but they made a shitload of cash (shame Sinclair & Comodore blew it).
360 and PS3 games cost too much, remember the price of SNES games? Street Fighter 2 was £69 over here, didnt do that harm! 2008 will be the year when we can really tell the strengths and weaknesses of all 3 consoles.

Bring on the war, it can only help us gamers pricewise and quality of games...i hope.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a piece of trash, it's a piece of garbage. The six-axis can be used as a controller for the PS3, the Wii cannot be used as a controller for the PS3. That's a fact, you can look it up.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One thing I hate is that Wii makes you buy the nunchuk controller seperate, so once you buy an extra controller its too high priced for whats inside the system. Oh yea need new batteries every week.... gotta buy the 3rd party rechargeable battery thing, why cant they come with recharge like 360 and PS3.Oh, well, $60 for a PS3 controller is okay, but $60 for a Wii controller is too much? And on the subject of batteries, a rechargeable AA battery costs $2.

Wii browser will cost money soon... why?!?!?!? all browsers are free on every PC or console ever made. Nintendo is greedy in many ways if you think about it(smart business men I guess). Actually, web browsers used to cost (serious) money, back in the day. But then Netscape escalated the browser war by making their browser free, and Microsoft had to follow. Even nowadays, you have to pay for browsers for some non-standard devices.

EDIT:
QUOTE(BlueStar @ Mar 9 2007, 11:22 AM)
It's a piece of trash, it's a piece of garbage. The six-axis can be used as a controller for the PS3, the Wii cannot be used as a controller for the PS3. That's a fact, you can look it up.
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

I wonder if that guy did a "Wii is crap" video yet
nyanya.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is Nintendo are not charging you to play games online, they could if they wanted just like Microsoft do but they wont. Neither are Sony for the PS3 which suprises me a lot considering the loss they get on each console.

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's his opinion, but he said it in a very immature manner. there is a reason why the wii is still selling and so are the games. Nintendo recently said they want to create more fun games, something that most of the PS3 games don't have. Good Graphics, a gimmick of the wii's motion sensor, and horrible games = PS3. I'm not going to buy the PS3, if I get it for free, why not? Who knows where the systems will go in the future but obviously Wii is working and considering how innovate and fun the games are as of right now, I highly doubt it will die anytime soon. The PS3 might become the next best system, but it feels like they are the next PSP. I never had an xbox/360, but they have really done a great job and i'm looking forward to buying a 360. I absolutely hated the XBOX but i'm liking it now.

The PSP seemed like an awesome portable gaming system, but it just didn't live up to the hype. I see the PSP as the Homebrew Portable System.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.