Hacking Wii help

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I let it sit for about an hour and nothing happened, but the wii is making a loud buzzing sound. Hopefully that is a good thing.

Last edited by nsd0812,

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I let it run most of the day, but there was still no response. I feel like i am doing something wrong.

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know which games are required to run homebrew, but i'm pretty sure smash bros. would be one. I have no clue on how to get it to load, but i'll try some things. So I found out that I need an app called smashstack which is what I am installing now. On the wiibrew website it said that was an exploit.

Last edited by nsd0812,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know which games are required to run homebrew, but i'm pretty sure smash bros. would be one. I have no clue on how to get it to load, but i'll try some things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I found out that I need an app called smashstack which is what I am installing now. On the wiibrew website it said that was an exploit.

Did it work out okay?

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it didn't load. It seems the only way to fix this is to get a new wii. It would be convenient if someone made a thing that force launches the home brew menu when you turn on the wii and I know there is priiloader and bootmii, but something you don't have to install on the wii, just on the sd card.

Last edited by nsd0812,
D

Deleted-379826

Nope, it didn't load. It seems the only way to fix this is to get a new wii. It would be convenient if someone made a thing that force launches the home brew menu when you turn on the wii and I know there is priiloader and bootmii, but something you don't have to install on the wii.
That doesn't make sense of course you would have to install it no matter what even if there is a new one???

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense of course you would have to install it no matter what even if there is a new one???

He's implying that Bootmii and Priiloader are not required for HBC. They may not be but it has valuable Brick Protection, and if you don't have that brick protection your pretty much doomed like that guy from "DUDE YOUR SCREWED!"

D

Deleted-379826

He's implying that Bootmii and Priiloader are not required for HBC. They may not be but it has valuable Brick Protection, and if you don't have that brick protection your pretty much doomed like that guy from "DUDE YOUR SCREWED!"
Ik but any guide would of most likely told you to get it and also he's implying that he wants it to magically be installed or some fork of the homebrew launcher that automatically comes and installs it xD

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to use the recovery trick with the Gamecube controller? If it works at all you would need a disc that has an update partition on it, preferably a newer game towards the end of the console's life. There is a list of what games had menu updates on them somewhere.

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gc trick is pretty much pointless at this point because i'm pretty sure my wii can't be updated any further(I have 4.3), and even if it did work, the corrupted wad would still be there. Is it still possible to send a wii to nintendo?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gc trick is pretty much pointless at this point because i'm pretty sure my wii can't be updated any further(I have 4.3), and even if it did work, the corrupted wad would still be there. Is it still possible to send a wii to nintendo?

Should be. The repair info is here.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Should be. The repair info is here.

Since your Wii is hacked you don't have any warranty for your Wii. Plus after the console is repaired you won't be able to soft mod it again.
I would highly suggest just buying a used Wii to prevent any further damage, and possible issues with the Wii. The possible damage done to the Wii may cost more than what a new Wii may be worth.

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I realized that after a few minutes of doing nothing. Looks like I have to get a new wii.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have priiloader or bootmii on boot2, then the only way you could fix this would be to buy a modchip, get into the recovery menu, and autoboot SSBB using the modchip. Otherwise it's ded.

nsd0812

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some reading on the wii brew website and I saw a thing on the system menu. It mentioned a type of unrepairable brick. I think I have that type of brick. What modchip would I need?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I did some reading on the wii brew website and I saw a thing on the system menu. It mentioned a type of unrepairable brick. I think I have that type of brick. What modchip would I need?
This is called a banner brick, and it's different from a system menu brick. Any chip that supports autobooting discs should work.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your Wii is hacked you don't have any warranty for your Wii. Plus after the console is repaired you won't be able to soft mod it again.
I would highly suggest just buying a used Wii to prevent any further damage, and possible issues with the Wii. The possible damage done to the Wii may cost more than what a new Wii may be worth.
He would still be able to softmod it again after it was repaired.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte