Hacking Wii hard drive switcher mod

citrus3000psi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use nintendont then you know you can't have more than hard drive plugged in at the same time. For a while I've had two hard drives sitting next to my Wii; one with actual Wii games and the other with gamecube games. I was content with physically switching usb cable out etc. But it's a pain when the console is tucked away in its spot. I came up with a basic usb switcher. Concept is simple: It's a 2 to 1 usb device with a simple tactile switch. This device runs on 3.3v but could run up to 5v. If the Wii is turned on the button has no effect, so no worries accidentally spinning one hard drive down and the other up. In the picture the led looks pretty bright, but in reality not so much. There is a pot on board so you can control the brightness to your liking. I still need to apply some double sided tape to keep the switch board in one spot (There are no components on the bottom so it lays flat.)

Pictures!

KYhk3QH.jpg

WH8kGJ3.jpg

kQxk2Yc.jpg

u4T4tKP.jpg

jumYP2Z.jpg

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a pretty cool project but I just keep all my games on one drive.

Same, my 2TB hard drive has been more than enough for all of my games, Wii, Gamecube, various rom collections, movies, tv shows, music, I've got a ton of shit all on one drive with still plenty of room to add more stuff.

This is a cool project, but I suspect most people on these forums that have hacked their Wii have by this point gotten a large storage hard drive for all their Wii needs.

citrus3000psi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, my 2TB hard drive has been more than enough for all of my games, Wii, Gamecube, various rom collections, movies, tv shows, music, I've got a ton of shit all on one drive with still plenty of room to add more stuff.

This is a cool project, but I suspect most people on these forums that have hacked their Wii have by this point gotten a large storage hard drive for all their Wii needs.

My wii drive is 3tb, gc drive is 1tb. I never confirmed if a 4tb would work, and I honestly like my games separated on drives. Its a matter of preference. I'm just showing what I did, in no way am I recommending it to other people.

Reactions: GreyWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass