Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wtf.gif

Is that your personal experience? Or could you post the source of that info?

Man, the first batch of any system is buggy as hell.

I might have to wait a bit for all the bugs to be identified and fixed before I buy the Wii...

cry.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Have fun returning it to the store to get yet another bug fixed every week or so...
wink.gif

*cough*firstbatchofPSPs*cough*
*cough*whiteDSLite*cough*

MrMagicHat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you want to wait until the bugs are completely out of a system.....you'll never get one. And better yet, a lot of bugs/glitches in systems tend to lead to new and innovative ways of running homebrew. If you get a "non-buggy" system you might miss out....although, knowning Nintendo, they most likely won't fix any software glitches related to homebrew.

Z

Zress

personally I don't think a system that's not advertised as a haven for homebrew stuff, and needs exploits to do homebrew, can consider homebrew stuff a selling point. >_>

aaaanyway, I'm sure that even if nintendo doesn't do something about that heat issue, someone else will. *points at Xbox360's 3rd party cooling addon* and in the meantime there's probably some nifty stunt one can pull to allow it to be horizontal without overheating.

perhaps, with it's small size, but having to have drive motors, it's lacking space for a heatsink or cooling fans. /swt this is why smaller isn't always better for consoles; when the miniaturization of primrary hardware occurs faster than the miniaturization of cooling stuff. . . *whoops!*
lecture.gif

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you want to wait until the bugs are completely out of a system.....
Well, not all of them, but stuff like things breaking off, overheating, randomly exploding, things like that.
wink.gif

This logic is really foolish to me. This kind of thing could happen with any system, even when it isn't new. The difference is.. when it is new, Nintendo will probably be more apt to having your back, so to say. But hey, if you fear your console will explode in a fiery death, go ahead and wait. It's fine. Also be warned about crossing streets, cars can run over people. Also don't use a cellphone, because those might cause cancer. Actually, you'd be better off just crawling in a small hole and waiting things out until after the Apocalypse.
tongue.gif

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Zelda for about 4 hours with it set on its side, and all it does is get a little warm to the touch. I've had no issues at all with overheating.

Why are people so paranoid?

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've played Zelda for about 4 hours with it set on its side, and all it does is get a little warm to the touch. I've had no issues at all with overheating.
Same results here, except I played over 8 hour straight, with the system having been on for a total of about 12 hours in the horizontal position. It was only very slightly warm to the touch on the one side; certainly not warm enough to have any effect on anything. I had also played for about 6 hours yesterday with the same result.

This console is in zero danger of overheating issues. The only way I could see that ever happening with Wii is if you were sitting the system on top of something that was already generating a lot of heat, and you had the fan port completely blocked off. But anybody crazy enough to do a thing like that probably already knows the chances they're taking.
tongue.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Same results here, except I played over 8 hour straight, with the system having been on for a total of about 12 hours in the horizontal position. It was only very slightly warm to the touch on the one side; certainly not warm enough to have any effect on anything. I had also played for about 6 hours yesterday with the same result.

This console is in zero danger of overheating issues. The only way I could see that ever happening with Wii is if you were sitting the system on top of something that was already generating a lot of heat, and you had the fan port completely blocked off. But anybody crazy enough to do a thing like that probably already knows the chances they're taking.
tongue.gif

Agreed. The original poster should make sure his fan is operational and the vents aren't blocked.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hell, my wii is very warm to the touch on standby mode in the vertical position, let alone playing games
You should make sure you aren't using an extension corsd or have it plugged into a plugin cover (you know the ones with the 4 extra plugins) because my gamecube got hot and overheated unless it was plugged into a 2 plugin outlet.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
But if you want to wait until the bugs are completely out of a system.....
Well, not all of them, but stuff like things breaking off, overheating, randomly exploding, things like that.
wink.gif

This logic is really foolish to me. This kind of thing could happen with any system, even when it isn't new. The difference is.. when it is new, Nintendo will probably be more apt to having your back, so to say. But hey, if you fear your console will explode in a fiery death, go ahead and wait. It's fine. Also be warned about crossing streets, cars can run over people. Also don't use a cellphone, because those might cause cancer. Actually, you'd be better off just crawling in a small hole and waiting things out until after the Apocalypse.
tongue.gif
The winking smiley means I was kidding.
Anyway, I'm in Europe, so there's two more weeks untill launch. There is enough time for any major problems to become apparent, and also the solutions to them (even if the solution is to return it to the store and demand a new one).

I was exaggerating a bit with the explosion thingy, to make a point. I was talking about the easily spotted/extremely annoying glitches, like, "the disk Slot doesn't recognise legal GC disks", "the SD card reader corrupts cards", "the WLAN card makes my neighbour's pacemaker stop" (here I go again, but you get my drift).

If there were an Apocalypse button somewhere, I would want to see what happens when you only press it half-way. But I'm just too lazy to ever have to go through the trouble of trying to return anything, let alone an entire console, to my local store
mad.gif

THEM: "What have you done with it?"
ME: "Nothing, I just played Zelda."
T: "Ha! Actually turning the console on voids the warranty!"
M: "Wha'?"
T: "
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
"
ME: "
hate2.gif
"

Bleh. In any case, I wasn't talking about the minor details, [dripping with cynism]"touch screen slightly yellow, should I return it?";
"Backlight not perfectly even on upper screen, difference from left side to right almost 0.02 candella, should I return it?"[/cynism] )
I was talking about the really important issues.

*cough*CRACKING HINGE*cough*

Well, I'm confident the good people of GBATEMP are more that able to provoke any bug in the system to manifest itself in the forst week of use, and to alarm the rest of us in time
grog.gif

December 8th, here I come!

*crawls back into his hole*

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii laying horizontal will get warm while playing, but not hot due to the fan and heatsink. However if you have the system in standby, with WiiConnect24 activated, in a horizontal position it will get VERY hot. The plastic on my unit actually is bowed a little because of the extreme heat. If it's in a vertical position with WiiConnect24 activated it only gets warm.

Again while playing the unit the fans really take care of the heat. As a result I do not keep my Wii horizontally, nor do I allow WiiConnect24 to be active in standby.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2