Wii games on any loader either black screen or reset to menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SaminBBall, Aug 30, 2017.

1. SaminBBall
    OP

SaminBBall Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2017
    Canada
    Hello all, i have been playing from my usb for quiet some time. It worked perfectly like about a few months ago, then I didn't touch it for a while due to school. I then decided to play from my usb again and I either get a black screen if i use wii backup manager for the isos or just resets to the menu screen/homebrew channel when i use wfbs manager for the isos. Keep in mind i have not changed anything or any settings during that time span; i just left it as is. I have tried both the new usb loader version and the old one, as well as cfg and still doesn't work. It runs gamecube games just fine when i use nintendont; it's just the wii games that is the issue. I have provided my syscheck as well. If anyone can give me a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

Syscheck

Last edited by SaminBBall, Aug 30, 2017
  2. jrly91

jrly91 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2017
    United States
    I'm having a similar issue that I was also wanting help for. I'm using usb loader gx and it will load the games I've loaded on there with wii backup manager for one flash drive but it wont work with the same games on another flash drive and only loads a black screen and turns off the wiimote. I thought that might be the same issue for you if you werent using the same hdd/flash drive as had been previously used so im not sure if that will help or not especially since I'm new to this but it looks like the forums are dead these days so i thought i'd try at least and hope for better help with this issue.

SaminBBall likes this.
  3. NiidHelp

NiidHelp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    United States
    I have this same issue except I was able to use it after downloading two wii games but it just stopped being recognized even though one day it worked and the next day it didn't without me even touching the flash drive. Nintendont works for me. I tried to give up on USBloader and download Wiiflow. However, Wiiflow downloads games but won't load them even if I specify to use 250, 249 or auto. Any help would be appreciated.

SaminBBall likes this.
  4. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Ok, so what is your issue exactly?

5. NiidHelp

NiidHelp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    United States
    I can't load usb loader because it fails to initialize the usb. It keeps stalling on the countdown but I don't understand why since Nintendont was recognizing it. When I tried Wiiflow, it won't load wii games and just goes back to the wii menu. I recently tried to reformat with BOOTice which I found from another site but I think that made it worse because now even Nintendont won't work. I'm trying to reformat with windows now to see if I can at least get it back to how it was before.

SaminBBall likes this.
  6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Is it a flash drive? Try a regular HDD.

7. NiidHelp

NiidHelp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    United States
    I don't have one on me. Is there one you recommend getting?

8. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
  9. SaminBBall
    OP

SaminBBall Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2017
    Canada
    I'm not sure if this is right but maybe an update messed up the ability to read wii games from the usbloader. I also haven't even touched anything and just randomly stopped working. I could be wrong though, if anyone wants to confirm that.

10. Valkyy

Valkyy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2017
    United States
    Hmm, idk. Earth maybe?
    I have this problem too with wiiflow. Games did work, but now the partition is not even recognized after not doing anything to it.