Hacking Wii games have 4:3 aspect ration on vWii on Wii U

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I am trying to display Wii games on Wii U run by USB Loader GX to run in 16:9 ratio. I picked the option "force 16:9" but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this problem at one point, after some research I found out it was the homebrew channel itself that caused the 4:3, everything i used through the hbc was 4:3.

I found a thread via Google that was distributing the 16:9 aspect ratio one and everything works great, can't remember where it was though sorry! I'll try have a quick look now for you

EDIT: found out it was Jooatin that made the fix for HBC so he'll be more helpful than me :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's the HBC ratio issue, you have few choices:

- run HBC -> launches in 4:3 -> Run Ratio fixer homebrew -> back to HBC in 16:9 -> Launch your homebrew
- Install the HBC forwarder from Joostin -> run the forwarder -> reloads HBC in 16:9 -> Launch your homebrew
- Install a forwarder for your homebrew which its TitleID doesn't start with E, F, J, L, M, N, P, Q and maybe X. (USBLoaderGX forwarder should be fine, it's starting with "U")
edit 2017 : install HBC v1.3 open source version, it has a fix included. though, some homebrew might not work correctly anymore (return to HBC could be an issue)

If it's not the HBC ratio issue, it might be a real USBLoaderGX issue (as reported by other users).
Force aspect ratio setting doesn't work correctly with some games (especially on vWii?)
I think it works fine with Wiiflow, you might want to use wiiflow to launch these problematic games.

Last edited by Cyan,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Like others have said, it's an issue with HBC running in 4:3 mode.

I made a video showing people how to install channel forwarders on their Wii U's and it just so happens that the example that I use in the video is how to get the 16:9 HBC Forwarder. So if you don't know how to install forwarders already, you might wanna give it a watch.

Otherwise, do what Cyan said and install Joostin's HBC forwarder if you already know how.

How to Install Channel Forwarders on vWii (With Voice) [1080p HD]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)