Hacking Wii Game Manager

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice app. I really love the simple userface and that it doesn't need installation

I have even posted it at http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ a few days ago.

What I really would love to see is the program fully portable, which means the settings saved at a .ini file and not at registry. Also the ability to set folders paths like .\covers\3d\

That's because I have the program at the HDD that I use with the Wii and I am connecting it to various PCs and it gets various letters
wink.gif

I'm off to try v1.3
Thanks for the app

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
bert02 said:
QUOTE said:
-Support for cISO (compressed iso files)

whats the benefit of compressed iso than sparsed ?
None, ciso not supported by CFG

that aside does the compressed iso save more space? or can u sparse then compress for even more space saved?
im happy with the sparsed files there the tiniest bit smaller than a wbfs file

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
Nice app. I really love the simple userface and that it doesn't need installation

I have even posted it at http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ a few days ago.

What I really would love to see is the program fully portable, which means the settings saved at a .ini file and not at registry. Also the ability to set folders paths like .\covers\3d\

That's because I have the program at the HDD that I use with the Wii and I am connecting it to various PCs and it gets various letters
wink.gif

I'm off to try v1.3
Thanks for the app

You can set your cover paths via the options menu using the option "Cover Paths"
If you choose a flat location the program will ask if you want to set the defaults for 3d,disc and full as subdirectories under the selected flat path. you can set all 4 cover paths individually but only the flat path will ask to set the rest of them

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought you guys might like a peek at the version 1.4 theme handling

This is a theme loaded from the disc via a subfolder in the themes directory
Notice the new menu rendering style. Hope you like it.

77965530.png

themeinfo.txt at this point will be configured like this (this is not the full options list)

[Lists]
lvbackcolor=200,0,0
lvforecolor=255,255,255
lvgridcolor=255,0,0
lvhighlightcolor=150,0,0

[Tab Bar]
tbSelectedColor=255,0,0
tbUnSelectedColor=200,0,0

[Forms]
frmbackcolor=180,0,0

[Menu]
mnubackcolor=200,0,0
mnuforecolor=200,0,0

[Image]
themeimage=mario.png

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
pccfatman said:
bert02 said:
QUOTE said:

that aside does the compressed iso save more space? or can u sparse then compress for even more space saved?

ciso files http://www.pismotechnic.com/ciso/ are usually very compressed it's rare to see a Wii ciso file bigger than 2Gb. Too add support for it in Wi game manager would be simple. just file select and trigger the correct command line. i.e: CODE
ptiso convert someimage.ciso someimage.iso

But they are only good to store in PC and transfer not for loader use. WDF format is equally good for transfer and storage. ciso files can easily be converted to iso files, using a command line tool, free and open sourced, so to me this is no longer an issue. But support for rar files would still be a welcome addition.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanWiiffy said:
bert02 said:
pccfatman said:
bert02 said:
QUOTE said:

ciso files http://www.pismotechnic.com/ciso/ are usually very compressed it's rare to see a Wii ciso file bigger than 2Gb. Too add support for it in Wi game manager would be simple. just file select and trigger the correct command line. i.e: CODE
ptiso convert someimage.ciso someimage.iso

But they are only good to store in PC and transfer not for loader use. WDF format is equally good for transfer and storage. ciso files can easily be converted to iso files, using a command line tool, free and open sourced, so to me this is no longer an issue. But support for rar files would still be a welcome addition.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
pccfatman said:
marinos35 said:

wink.gif

You can set your cover paths via the options menu using the option "Cover Paths"
If you choose a flat location the program will ask if you want to set the defaults for 3d,disc and full as subdirectories under the selected flat path. you can set all 4 cover paths individually but only the flat path will ask to set the rest of them

I know how to set the paths. My problem is that the path I set (for ex. 3d) is selected with a folder managment and it is
V:\usb-loader\covers\3d\
while wii game manager is at V:\usb-loader\

But when I connect the USB HDD to another PC the settings are lost because they are not saved as a file at the same directory with the program
And even if the settings weren't lost, the folder from V:\usb-loader\covers\3d\ became E:\usb-loader\covers\3d\ so the previous settings would be wrong.

I'm looking for a solution where the Wii Game Manager saves the settings as a file (for ex. settings.ini) at the same folder as the .exe and the folder paths opens as a window where I can type the folder path or click browse to select it with a folder manager. I want the option to type so I can manually put as a folder ".\covers\3d\" and not "V:\usb-loader\covers\3d\". Because ".\covers\3d\" is a setting independent of the drive letter.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
pccfatman said:
marinos35 said:

wink.gif

I know how to set the paths. My problem is that the path I set (for ex. 3d) is selected with a folder managment and it is
V:\usb-loader\covers\3d\
while wii game manager is at V:\usb-loader\

But when I connect the USB HDD to another PC the settings are lost because they are not saved as a file at the same directory with the program
And even if the settings weren't lost, the folder from V:\usb-loader\covers\3d\ became E:\usb-loader\covers\3d\ so the previous settings would be wrong.

I'm looking for a solution where the Wii Game Manager saves the settings as a file (for ex. settings.ini) at the same folder as the .exe and the folder paths opens as a window where I can type the folder path or click browse to select it with a folder manager. I want the option to type so I can manually put as a folder ".\covers\3d\" and not "V:\usb-loader\covers\3d\". Because ".\covers\3d\" is a setting independent of the drive letter.

I'll see what I can do

Ed

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ō doesn't show up right for some reason so Ōkami appears as kami. I noticed in this version it doesn't ask for the titles list. I think its beeter when it does so that way when you convert an iso to wbfs it has the right title.

Also its great you added the sort by function. Would it be possible to add this to that....hard to explain....say i'm sorting by game title and i hit "O" and it move to the games that start with O.

DMzda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great Program
smile.gif

Can you implement the following feature if possible (it may be hard or not possible though):
You can detect external HDD's or USB flash stick's and when a game is selected, it calculates what other games can fit on the drive, and dims or hides the others. (ie, you have a 4GB drive, a 2GB game is selected, so all games above 2GB are hidden, and those below 2GB are shown. A 0.5GB game is also selected, so all games less than 1.5GB are shown and so on). It is hard to explain, but hopefully you will understand.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
? doesn't show up right for some reason so ?kami appears as kami. I noticed in this version it doesn't ask for the titles list. I think its beeter when it does so that way when you convert an iso to wbfs it has the right title.

Also its great you added the sort by function. Would it be possible to add this to that....hard to explain....say i'm sorting by game title and i hit "O" and it move to the games that start with O.

I will see what I can do about the funny title names, by default the program will strip out any characters that are not a-z and 0-9

Good suggestion on the keypress thing, I will add that to my to-do list

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DMzda said:
Great Program
smile.gif

Can you implement the following feature if possible (it may be hard or not possible though):
You can detect external HDD's or USB flash stick's and when a game is selected, it calculates what other games can fit on the drive, and dims or hides the others. (ie, you have a 4GB drive, a 2GB game is selected, so all games above 2GB are hidden, and those below 2GB are shown. A 0.5GB game is also selected, so all games less than 1.5GB are shown and so on). It is hard to explain, but hopefully you will understand.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

I'll look into it

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone out there who knows vb.net? I have a couple of questions I need answers to. If you know vb.net and understand custom rendering events and such, send me a pm

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Development of the next version is coming along, sorry for the delay there are alot of changes. And of course, with the holidays over I am back to work so I don't get as much time to write as I would like.

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought you guys might like to see one of the new features I am working on, it is about 95% completed. Hope you like it
With the integrated theme creator, I have simplified the process of creating user themes. it is a wysiwyg interface, so you can see your changes immediately
There are still a couple of items I need to allow color changes for, but this requires someone who knows vb.net a little better than I do. So once again, if you know vb.net, send me a pm. I could use some help
smile.gif

ctc.png

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
pccfatman said:
There are still a couple of items I need to allow color changes for, but this requires someone who knows vb.net a little better than I do. So once again, if you know vb.net, send me a pm. I could use some help
smile.gif

Maybe you should try to ask your vb.net question on http://stackoverflow.com

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another thought, wuld it be possible to add estimated time remianing on the queue and a ding noise when it finishes.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
Just another thought, wuld it be possible to add estimated time remianing on the queue and a ding noise when it finishes.

The ding is not a problem, I am not exatcly sure how to estimate the time tho.....hmmm. I'll have to think on that one a bit

Ed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended