Wii Game Manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pccfatman, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009

Wii Game Manager by pccfatman at 7:48 PM (594,757 Views / 0 Likes) 463 Comments

pccfatman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Update 1-30-2012 Wii Game Manager now has its own home
    Come visit it Here

What is this program:
    If you are here probably already know but, this is a program for managing a Wii game collection on your PC.
    Previously Simple WBFS File Manager this program has been completely rewritten form scratch and renamed to something more suitable.
    It is written to add a GUI to wbfs_file.exe written by Oggzee.

[IMG] [IMG]

Requirements:
    .net 3.5 and the program must be run as administrator as I did not feel like learning all about windows security just to make my program do what I want it to do. This may be looked at closer in the future to avoid confusion but it not at the top of my list of things to do

What it does:
    The primary function of the program is conversion to/from .iso and .wbfs files
    Sub functions include:
    Adding and removing files to/from WBFS formatted partitions
    Game cover management (Display and download)
    List export and print finctions
    Partition formatting to WBFS
    As of version 1.4 it has support for multiple languages
    Has support for most all of the functions of wbfs_file.exe (I am adding new functions all the time)
    Has preliminary support for wiitdb xml information (synopsis, players, genre etc etc)

What it does not do:
    It does not include support for formats not supported by wbfs_file.exe (iso, wbfs, and WBFS partitions)
    It does not download games nor will it tell you where to get them, don't ask

This application can be broken on purpose if you try hard enough, telling the app to delete a game and then immediately telling it to process the same game in some way will cause the function to fail or the app to crash. I am always working on error checking to prevent these things from happening, but no one is perfect style_emoticons/default/wink.gif
    Also, it does not currently check for duplicate requests, you can tell it to resplit your files 20 times and it will do it.
    I hope you find this program useful, be sure to post your suggestions/thoughts/bugs so I can make it even better

The Configurable USB Loader topic can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/i...howtopic=147638
    Here is version 1.5.0.2 (Bugfix release) the languages are included in the archive Download

Changes to 1.5.0.2
    Fixed english.ini was extracted everytime a language was selected
    Fixed tabs were not wide enough to handle translated text
    Fixed List B was not properly translated
    Fixed english.ini mis-spelling of the word relevant
    Fixed the list selects an item but does not scroll to it when pressing a letter on the keyboard
    Removed the trailing underscore from .iso files and created directories
    Fixed bug that would cause the program to lock up sometimes if the WBFS partition was empty
    Added drive info panel to the display to show total size, used space and free space

Previous Versions:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

****This functionality has been removed for compatibility as of version 1.4
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by pccfatman, May 13, 2013

LxTrix New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Suggesting a feature....

the ability to sync two hard drives so they have the same games and the ability to copy individual games to another hard drive

oggzee New Member

Message Count:
    Slovenia
    Nice!
    Added a link to this in the cfg loader first post.
    • Newcomer

francerossina New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    My HD is located at H:\ unit
    Is there a way to use your program, since it stops at G:\?

Bye

TeenTin New Member

Message Count:
    Hong Kong
    I am extremely happy to see the release of this manager.

I will have a serious test with the core of this Manager.

However, it is undeniable that the user interface of Wii Backup Manager is far better. I would be very happy if you can take a close look at it.

Thanks a LOT !

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    what I was thinking earlier but didn't want to say just started using Wii Backup Manager and it is far superior to wbfsmanager
    • Banned

nitrostemp Banned!

Message Count:
    Australia
    i was woundering if you can add ntfs and fat support?

bert02 New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    top program and looks very promising

TeenTin New Member

Message Count:
    Hong Kong
    It does support NTFS and FAT.

bert02 New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    cant wait for the copy/move sparse function
    looks like a great program as others have said wii backup manager has a good gui but hey this 1 is simple and does what u need it too and im sure a more bland simple theme would make it look classier than out there imo than these bright themes

my drive is H:\ and it sees it and opens it
    also have another 1 set to U:\ thats blank and it can see it
    • Banned

nitrostemp Banned!

Message Count:
    Australia
    i have my wbfs as ntfs, and there is no option to mount the ntfs wbfs folder

pccfatman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Sorry for the delay I was at the theater watching Avatar, great movie btw

NTFS, Fat, exfat and any other standard windows readable format is inherently supported by clicking open .wbfs files or open .iso files

You can add and delete files on these types of partitions using the right click menu

Simply open the file type or WBFS partition of choice and right click to access whatever functions are available to that file type

pccfatman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    There are currently no limitations on drive letters, this program should see any drive letter that is marked as "ready" in windows
    By ready I mean that it must have a readable format on it ie: it will read a cd drive if there is a usable cd in it, if not it won't show up
    Reading from cd/dvd is untested but there is nothing preventing it

The only drive letter limitation is WBFS partitioned drives....
    The program will assume that any drive that is not ntfs, fat32, or exFat is in fact a WBFS drive....This should not normally present a problem unless windows assigns a drive letter to something else, say a linux partition for instance. If windows gives it a drive letter and is is recognized by the program as "Unknown" it will assume it is WBFS and add it to the drive selection

pccfatman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    It coming [IMG]

The ability to copy a single game is already there....Right click the game and select copy to... or move to...
    If you want to copy/move more than one hold ctrl and select the files you want, then right click

If you want all games, I have also added ctrl-a functionality too [IMG]

Sparse file copy/move is something I am looking into, hopefully I can get that sorted in the next version

pccfatman New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    My whole reason behind the creation of this manager is because I found the interface of Wii Backup Manager very clumsy to navigate, I wanted something simpler. Also many people were complaining that they could not use or understand the command line interface that is wbfs_file.exe. When I originally tried to use the other program I had trouble understanding all of the different "features" and had to refer to a guide to use it.

The program is very nice looking and works well from my understanding, I will add some other themes that are more "windows" basic but the core functionality of this program is that it is a GUI for wbfs_file.exe, without that this program has no conversion functions at all.

I am happy with the evolution of Simple WBFS file manager into this program. I personally think this program is not inferior to Wii backup manager in any way. That one has it's features and this one has it's own(and more coming).

As far as testing the core of the program, be my guest, break it, bend it, make it crash. If there is a problem I want to know.
    I have/had no toester for this version, I wrote it and tested it myself, I found some bugs as I stated in the first post, if you find more please let me know

Ed

TeenTin New Member

Message Count:
    Hong Kong
    @pccfatman

I personally prefer sticking to this manager, because the core is basically wbfs_file.exe which is reliable.
    • Banned

Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Message Count:
    Australia
    I'm now using this.
    • Newcomer

lufeig New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    thanks a lot for providing us this amazing piece of software!

i'm glad to see the evolution your work!

please, keep it up!

LxTrix New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    In order for us to do this we would need to be able to open two locations. Also did you remove sorting by title id and name? You should return that feature.

TeenTin New Member

Message Count:
    Hong Kong
    Test :

Transferring game - New Super Mario Bros. Wii

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive

Result:

ISO -> .wbfs OK
    .wbfs -> WBFS drive Fail

no game transferred to WBFS drive.

SPONSORED LINKS