Hardware Wii dissapointments

assassda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-your new nintendo console should not be expected to play ILLEGAL downloaded videos and MP3s
-gamecube will not be improved!!! it cannot use the wii remotes or wii internal memory because it is a GAMECUBE not a gamecube emulator! it will only do what a gamecube does and you should be grateful of the backwards compatability

if you want wireless gamecube or VC controllers get a wavebird

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just got another one, that ugly white color. This is a nintendo, not a mac. I want black, and put away that glossyness!

assassda, the problem for me is not the wire, it's the layout. And with it not being an emulator, it could always have a circuit that transfers the input from the classic controller to the GC ports. I wonder why they haven't done it...

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is cracking me up...but if thats the only dissapointments that can be thought of I'm in for a fun christmas day (mine is wrapped and under the tree for kids and its about the worst self torture ever).

Lets see...

-rumble missing in the classic controller
Why would it have rumble no "classic" games had rumble support

-wii classic controller not working with GC games
Again why would it, thats not what the controller was designed for and its why there are Gamecube controller ports.

-no gc saves on internal memory

Why reinvent the wheel, altering how saves are done would surely introduce bugs and imcompatabilities. Id rather have full compatability than internal save..memory cards are cheap.

-no DVD or REAL mp3 player

we knew this long before the console was released and a dvd player that plays mp3's is about 30 bucks at walmart...why bother.

-wifi network

Nintendo announced that things were going to ramp up slowly, I can wait.

-no support for wired ethernet

A wireless router can be purchased for under $50 usually far less than that, the benefits of wireless over wired are obvious

-no HD support

This was known a year ago, id rather have a $250 console than pay an extra hundred of so for support I really dont need.

-no hard drive

see the comment above...

So far from what ive read of this thread Nintendo did a good job of delivering exactly what they said they would. Most of these posts have nothing to do with disappointments in the delivered capabilities rather dissapointment over things that were know not to be there in the first place.

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if you are disapointed with your Wii follow these steps.

1. Return your wii back to the store.
2. While at store pickup some tissues to stop your crying
3. Buy a PS3 with all your HD and mp3 and all that good stuff for 600$ and be quiet.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very happy with this system..since the 3rd parties are supporting it, finally!

I used the GC controllers for a GC games! It's awesome and I hate online games because it is not for me, I guess. The rumble is really annoying and I am glad about it.
smile.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For everyone unhappy with the VC selection..it is not to Nintendo's benefit to flood the VC with games right away! The more games they make available, the less money available to be spent on the actual Wii launch titles.

It's purely a financial thing, not a slap in the face.

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
For everyone unhappy with the VC selection..it is not to Nintendo's benefit to flood the VC with games right away! The more games they make available, the less money available to be spent on the actual Wii launch titles.

The Wii is overpriced as it is, it's purely corporate greed, rather anything else.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is most certainly not corporate greed. Nintendo is allowed to recoup a profit on their years of R&D. They are a company, and companies are in business, and they're in business to make money.

Greedy would be selling the Wii at the same price as the Xbox360/PS3.

D

Deleted User

People complain about the dumbest things. If you want to watch DVDs, get a DVD player. If you want to listen to MP3s, get an MP3 player. If you want to play games, get a Wii. If you want to do all those things, get a computer.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
IT IS CORPORATE GREED!!!

Miyamoto wanted the Wii to cost $100... but the company wanted other...
I wish Gumpei was still alive... Everything would've been better

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corporate Greed? If that was true about the $100 console comment, then Miyamoto was off his rocker. Its simple economics, if the Wii had been released at $100 there would be absolutely no 3rd party support as the games would have to be too cheap to be worth developing for. It would also sell about a 10th its currently predicted sales because most would look at it as a toy, its main competition would go from the ps3 and xbox to the leapster and those plug in joystick games. Like it or not price does tend to dictate perception to a large degree.

The everything should be free or non profit crowd cracks me up. Most of the folks I know that are in that crowd are generally either kids or hypocrites. The former cant buy whatever it is they complain about anyway so its a good excuse to justify pirating. The latter tend to be the ones who would be the first to pitch a fit if their paycheck was a day late. Sorry there is no utopian society, the world revolves around profits and earnings and has since the begining of time. Do you think Shakespeare wrote just to contribute something to society? Do you honestly think that John Lennon wrote music just to make us all feel better? No they did it for fortune and/or fame. You can even look at the open source community to see that...would Linux Torvalds or Richard Stallman be as motivated if they had to remain completely anonymous?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i understand where your coming from and kinda agree but you do expect a next-gen console to have dvd playback. or is it just me ?

I don't expect my video game console to play DVD movies, no. I never expected the NES, SNES, Genesis, PC Engine or any other systems to do anything more than play games either. Just because the popular medium happens to be CD/DVD discs does not mean that all of a sudden the console needs to perform every function of every device that accepts the same size/type of discs.

Anything you get on top of game play functionality is a BONUS - unless of course you're buying an entertainment device such as the PS3 - which is not being marketed so much as a game console as it is the hub for all your entertainment needs - your DRM needs of course.

G

Gilrad

Corporate greed is a silly way of putting it. Nintendo makes it's profit off of hardware sales. They're not like Sony or Microsoft, who's game sections have never once turned a profit. If Nintendo doesn't make money, they die.

M

mario5555

So you're tellin' me that THESE 14 awesome great games (sarcasm mode off) were worth all the hype and the wait then huh?

NES
=====
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Pinball Nintendo
Soccer Nintendo
Solomon's Key
The Legend of Zelda
Wario's Woods

SNES
=====
F-Zero
SimCity

N64
====
Super Mario 64

Genny/MD
=========
Altered Beast
Sonic The Hedgehog

TG-16/PC-E
=========
Bomberman '93
Bonk's Adventure

Maybe you don't care but this service isn't living up to the hype everyone and Nintendo put behind it. Sure us fans really looking forward to the overall potential were probably disapointed because of the small amount that was released.

But come on, if they release a few hundred over a few month period, it's like I commented on another MB some time ago, with over 3000+ games for all of those systems (5 so far) they won't even be able to release them all in the span of 5 years.

Sure I don't need to play classics like Yo! the Noid, but I would still like to be able to if I wanted to do so. Hell there's not even one Megaman game on there yet for cryin' out loud.

Nintendo let us imagine the possibilities and then (as I said) slapped us (those of us who thought BIG) in the face with the reality that this was an after thought and something nice to have and not something that was integral to their plans and would be what everyone expected.

Especially some of the harder to get SNES, N64 games (other region) that were never released in some territories.

That's why I feel slighted. I do agree that it's a finacial thing, but what they COULD have made financially, compared to what they WILL make because they're not putting their big guns behind this program, well I'm glad I'm not the one shooting myself in the foot over lost profits, because of short sightedness.

In the end it's there loss and all it gives them is ticked off consumers who WERE interested in this concept from the start.

ahzael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you wana play DVDs on your console anyway ? It is widely known that DVD playing kills the console laser tray, just have a look at the ps2, consoles are not meant to be SEEKING and SPINNING the CD/DVD all the time. If you ever worked in a repair shop, then u would know that the first problem with the PS2 "laser dying" wasn't about the laser itself, but the little plastic connect to the tray which is literally eaten away by going up and down, which in the end, reduces the accuracy of the laser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That sounds really cool
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Please dont go we need you.