azndragonguy115

OP
Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
What about the wii made you disappointed?

its a great system but i had issues with
-wii classic controller not working with GC games
-no gc saves on internal memory
-no DVD or REAL mp3 player
-wifi network...i don't think i need to explain

i'm not trying to be a troll or anything. but these things kinda made me sad

what about you guys?

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lack of video format support and I fear the worst for its online multiplayer with the friend codes and all. I hope the codes arn't for multiplayer and there will be lobbys and stuff. If they don't want kids chatting with random people, thats where the parental control comes in.

azndragonguy115

OP
Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Lack of video format support and I fear the worst for its online multiplayer with the friend codes and all. I hope the codes arn't for multiplayer and there will be lobbys and stuff. If they don't want kids chatting with random people, thats where the parental control comes in.

wii online... i cant say too much right now

i hope opera lets you use a usb mouse + keyboard. if you want to sit that close to the tv XD

video support was a huge letdown for me

i really wanted something that would let me watch divx files :[

the wii classic controller ticks me off >:/
1.no gc support
2.tethered to wii mote
3.no gc support
4.no rumble
5.no gc support!

soon there would be gamers with 4 ugly (but good) controllers with 4 wiimote and 4 nunchucks and whatever other peripherals nintendo throws at us. and for non gamecube owners ( like me) that makes the system pretty expensive

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The lack of any online games is kinda bad. I do hope they implement lobbys in future wii wifi games, that's the biggest disappointment with the DS online. There's no sense of community, just faceless people who could be bots for all I know.

But hey, you can send pics, miis and messages to friends whenever you want and there is a single unified friend code, at least it's better than DS already!

azndragonguy115

OP
Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
^

really!? damn sweet!

the community seem better if i can send pic, messgaes, ect

i dont want to use a wireless wavebird that pops out the wii cover

wireless GC compatible controller plz

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
umm those are some really bad things if it's relly all true, and how can you play gc games without saves?

P.S no rumble what is this, and now nintendo is coming out with a new system next year with dvd playback too?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only real disappointment for me so far was the instruction manual for Wii Sports. Don't read it! It's useless, and once you forget everything in it, you can begin to turn your Mii into a virtual superstar. Oh yes, and the initial learning curve was a disappointment, I thought that with all the anyone-can-pick-up-and-play mentality that it would be an easier transition, but it wasn't. I still sometimes get the feeling that what I'm doing is not being translated to the screen, which causes a bit of frustration. Ah well, 20 years of being tethered with a controller, I suppose it's only natural.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boo
ph34r.gif
they should have made two different kinds of systems one with good graphics, and one regular one sort of like microsoft did.

P.S a package with zelda would be very goood

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never expected the wii classic controller to work with gc games, and I already have 4 gc controllers, but I can see how that would dissapoint others. The only real letdown for me is that I still have to use gc memory cards. All of the other things people are complaining about simply aren't necessary. I have a dvd player. I have a computer hooked up to my tv and to my stereo. I have no plans of ever using the picture viewer and I doubt I'll ever use the internet browser. I bought my wii to play games and nothing more.

And the online stuff seems fine for what it is right now. My friend and I have been able to send messages back and forth. When you get a message and your wii is on standby, the disc drive glows blue. It's very exciting
happy.gif
. But other than making my disc drive glow, it's still pointless to send messages through the wii when there's a dozen better ways to communicate.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wiis only been out about a week, you can't really expect everything to be perfect. Nintendo will release firmware updates over the months to fix everything and the wiifi network will be better. I'm waiting 6 months before I get mine. Hopefully it'll be cheaper and all the kinks will be ironed out of it.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
boo
ph34r.gif
they should have made two different kinds of systems one with good graphics, and one regular one sort of like microsoft did.

P.S a package with zelda would be very goood

What?
biggrin.gif
The difference between the core and the premium pack is the hard drive and the wireless control. The Xboxs (
unsure.gif
) are exactly the same.

And, you can play your videos on your Wii, but you need to convert´em

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The wiis only been out about a week, you can't really expect everything to be perfect. Nintendo will release firmware updates over the months to fix everything and the wiifi network will be better. I'm waiting 6 months before I get mine. Hopefully it'll be cheaper and all the kinks will be ironed out of it.

Lol, 6 months?? Cheaper?? You can forget about that
rofl2.gif
But seriously, I love my Wii. Haven't got my Classic controller yet but I think its lame that it connects to the wiimote. Why couldn't it be wireless too!!!
hate2.gif

G

Gilrad

My largest concern would have to be the lag you get when using the wiimote's pointer mode. It is ten times more difficult to give it precision control as a result; one of the things the pointer mode is supposed to revolutionize.

unusername

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm dissapointed about the languague support. in the most cases, DS games have Multi or at least Spanish support, but... in this case Wii Sports not.
My Wii Menu is in spanish... but the games are english... :-(

(why the developers can't always make multilanguages games... is expensive to have translators???)

VC Games... so cool, but needs wii points - money - $$$, etc... (better use a pc and a emu 4 a old-school experience)

Nintendo forgot that not all the people have internet wireless... or internet wired? they will can think in distribuite or download from nintendo.com the upgrades to the console, or have a demo disco with vc games at the launch day...

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
The wiis only been out about a week, you can't really expect everything to be perfect. Nintendo will release firmware updates over the months to fix everything and the wiifi network will be better. I'm waiting 6 months before I get mine. Hopefully it'll be cheaper and all the kinks will be ironed out of it.

This is what i`m doing as well i`m getting mine after the new year and fingers crossed everything has been sorted.

azndragonguy115

OP
Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
i really hope the wii updates would provide more features

someone said it would possibly support 720p and 1080p resolution but i find that unlikely due to the system capabilities

the lack of movie formats(please divx and xvid) saddens me though its not a necessary.

USB DRIVES/HARD DRIVE
i always support this as a system storage device. hell i like the idea of having internal memory but external is more convenient and its cheaper. i was hoping the wii would support divx and i can watch my anime and shows on the television.

i hate to buy gamecube controllers in addition to wiimotes :/ nintendo has great multiplayer games but buying all the controllers are quite pricy. a used wavebird cost around 24.95 around my parts. i plan to get 2 and 2 wired ones. damn you gamecube. :[

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)