Hacking Wii Disk Images for loaders

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
GiantPune or BlindDude

Any chance you could post your apps to do the batch resizing/transparancy/hole in the middle.

Ive got some pal discs id like to convert myself if possible but im no use at photoshop etc and a application to do this would be great.

Thanks.

What games are they that you have to resize? I may already have them in my pack.....

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
burnett1 said:
Please can somebody tell me, how i can make the disc images transparent? I need 15 transparent disc images who i cannot find in the Collection.

Which programm i need to make the Covers transparent?

Thanks a lot.

I use photoshop. The basic flow is:
  • Double click your layer and press OK, this unlocks it.
  • Resize the image to the desired size making sure it's a square. The cover should touch all four sides.
  • Using the elliptical marquee tool, drag a circle (click then hold shift to make it a circle) from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, invert the selection and press delete. This handles the outer transparency.
  • The next thing to do is go to the centre of your image and using the same tool click, then press and hold 'alt' to make the centre of the circle where you clicked and press and hold 'shift' to constrain it to a circle, this will be the hole in the middle of the disc. When your happy. Press delete.
  • Job done.
Edit: If you want to make a batch process of the above, you just create a new action and it will record your movements. You can then use this by going to File->Automate->Batch.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
nindim said:
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
GiantPune or BlindDude

Any chance you could post your apps to do the batch resizing/transparancy/hole in the middle.

Ive got some pal discs id like to convert myself if possible but im no use at photoshop etc and a application to do this would be great.

Thanks.

What games are they that you have to resize? I may already have them in my pack.....

The main one im missing is PDC darts.
Ill wait for your pack to come out and go from there.
Im useless with photoshop! lol

burnett1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the Tutorial. But now i have the Problem that i havent´t photoshop. Now, Please can somebody create following Disc Images without backgroud? Transparent Disc Images i mean.
wink.gif

Please, I need following Covers:
- Gottlieb Pinnball Classics
- Asterix at the Olympic Games
- Party Pack for Revolution
- Championchip Darts
- Secret Files of Tunguska
- Sim City Creator
- Worls Sports Party
- World Championchip Sports
- Sports Pack for Revolition
- Sports Island
- Wii Chess
- Who wants to be a Millionäre
- Agent Hugo
- Impossible Mission

Thank you for your great help.
smile.gif

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nimdim, I know your in the middle of working on those original disc, just wanted to know if you had upload some of them once already, and where I could get those. If you have not, don't do it on my account, I don't intend to interrupt you. Thanks

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burnett1 said:
Thx for the Tutorial. But now i have the Problem that i havent´t photoshop. Now, Please can somebody create following Disc Images without backgroud? Transparent Disc Images i mean.
wink.gif

Please, I need following Covers:
- Gottlieb Pinnball Classics
- Asterix at the Olympic Games
- Party Pack for Revolution
- Championchip Darts
- Secret Files of Tunguska
- Sim City Creator
- Worls Sports Party
- World Championchip Sports
- Sports Pack for Revolition
- Sports Island
- Wii Chess
- Who wants to be a Millionäre
- Agent Hugo
- Impossible Mission

Thank you for your great help.
smile.gif
I would like to see people do their parts and at least gather the images that they want..

The hardest part is getting the images together in one spot all the same size and format(edges touching the sides).. The image pack I used already had all these features so all i had to do was take some of GiantPune's photochop advise and resize them and make them transparent with a BATCH process in photoshop. So that was easy. USE ACTIONS.

Actually the HARD part for me was renaming 494 gadomned files!... THAT SUCKED!... But its DONE... now we can have a mostly working loader and only a few disks to add/replace as needed.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nindim said:
[*]Using the elliptical marquee tool, drag a circle (click then hold shift to make it a circle) from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, invert the selection and press delete. This handles the outer transparency.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I do this step it doesnt make it transparent for me. I loaded it up and it still shows it as a box. The part I deleted is now just white..
And ideas?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have written the script for the boxart site that lets you resize discart to any size you want from whatever size the image is.

The reason i have done this is because people want to upload images at high quality 600x600 in case someone actually wants a high quality image.
The default is 160x160 unless you specify and it checks the image size itself and resizes based on the original image size.
If the image doesnt exist it it gives a no disc image to stop the loaders from crashing.

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/RRR.png
RRR.png

for size , put with and height after it
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/RRR.png/300/300

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
I have written the script for the boxart site that lets you resize discart to any size you want from whatever size the image is.

The reason i have done this is because people want to upload images at high quality 600x600 in case someone actually wants a high quality image.
The default is 160x160 unless you specify and it checks the image size itself and resizes based on the original image size.
If the image doesnt exist it it gives a no disc image to stop the loaders from crashing.

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/RRR.png
RRR.png

for size , put with and height after it
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/RRR.png/300/300

Awesome work.
Alot of hard work has gone into that site and it shows, thanks.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres a lot are contributing to it all and they are all great - im just waiting on the 600x600 images someone is doing up before i upload them.

At present we have the 160x160 images that are on the site , and once i have a few of the 600x600 ones ill change it over to the higher definition images.

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Oh sweet, i was on this thread yesterday looking at it downloading the disc pack from Rapidshare,
I cant tell you how glad i am you swapped to MegaUpload.
Rapidshare was only going at 25kb/s xD i hate that site seriously.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The real aim here is to get the loaders to autodownload the images from the site and have it so users dont beed to get anything.

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
nindim said:
OK guys, I promised I'd have something for this evening, and I know it's late, but things took a lot longer than I thought they would. I've only managed to get through the tweaking of the NTSC-J images, but I'll post them here anyway just to whet your appetite
wink.gif
Was more of a learning curve of how to alter and tweak them just right so they SHOULD all spin about their centre and look really sexy... I hope....
smile.gif
I haven't tested them anywhere so would be happy for feedback.

From the included readme
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
This is a sample of the work I've been carrying out on the original disc images I've been able to gather. They are fully transparent beyond the circumference of the disc and also in the centre. I have added a hand made graphic (made by me!) into the centre to give the appearance of the plastic that is in the centre of the disc.

It will probably take me a while to get through all the other images, (they're all renamed, just need to tweak them), but some of them take a while to fix up properly (missing pieces at the edges, rotation so they sit upright etc).

Anyway, I hope you guys like it (it's been a lot of work!) and look forward to the rest of the release!

Here's the link anwyay: Sample NTSC-J original disc label pack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun