Wii can't read disc after update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fansgirl, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Fansgirl
    OP

Fansgirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2017
    Indonesia
    After I upgrade my friend wii cIOS and have his consent with the risk if I upgrade it as he want to play newer games after not upgrading since he buy it, now his wii can't read games from disc, even after I said he should just buy more bigger hdd so he can play all game he want, but he want his wii can read disc again, how can I do that?

I upgrade it with guide from completesoftmodguide web. And I don't know should I change the cIOS or downgrade the system.

Sorry if I looks like complaining my friend has asking for it everyday he meet me

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    A cIOS shouldn't affect the console's ability to read discs. An IOS is only loaded when a title requests that specific one and no discs use the slots that a cIOS would normally be installed in.

A SysCheck report might help, though.

Lacius likes this.
  3. Fansgirl
    OP

Fansgirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2017
    Indonesia
    this is scan syscheck result

Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    Does it run when you run it through a different launcher?

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    @Fansgirl Frankly, your IOS files are a mess. I would use ModMii to download and reinstall most of them.

6. Jasjar

Jasjar Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2016
    Australia
    Sydney
    You could try cleaning the lens if reinstalling all your IOS's doesn't work, but it more likely that your dirty IOS's caused the problem so reinstall them all first.

Last edited by Jasjar, Sep 4, 2017
  7. Fansgirl
    OP

Fansgirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2017
    Indonesia
    @Lacius Could you tell how to do that? And will it need wifi on wii? Because my friend wii can't connect to my wifi

8. Jasjar

Jasjar Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2016
    Australia
    Sydney
    Edit: Just use ModMii

Last edited by Jasjar, Sep 5, 2017
  9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Please, just use modmii, it has easy tutorial and is getting all the files you need for you.
    don't try messing your console with dangerous tools such as dopmii

of course dopmii and manual NUSD is possible,, but it's just additional interaction steps someone can mess up with.
    saying "download all the IOS" is not very informative for someone who is not in the softmod scene. there are many, with many different versions. some should be stub, some shouldn't.

modmii (Windows program) will download all needed IOS, verify them, and pack everything to put on SD.
    it will also auto-generate a guide specifically based on your console's current situation, based on answers you gave to the program.

if you need help how to use modmii, where to find it, which answers to reply you can ask again before doing anything to your console.

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 5, 2017
  10. Fansgirl
    OP

Fansgirl Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2017
    Indonesia
    @Cyan I have download modmii, what I should do now? What about exploit? Which one I should choose? What about the method? as you can see my friend want it can read hdd and dvd like before

For IOS.wad file which version I should download so it can play just dance2017?

Last edited by Fansgirl, Sep 6, 2017