Hacking Wii Bricked

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a Europe Region Wii Bricked.I tried to install System Menu 3.0E on 4.3E using Multi Mod Manager(MMM).(I also installed IOS 30 for the system menu 3.0E.)After Installation i returned to System Menu and nothing appeared,only a black screen.
I restarted the wii and found only the black screen.I have no Priloader,no bootmii,no NAND backup.
Is there any way to unbrick my wii.PLEASE HELP.:!::!:

PLEASE HELP

Last edited by Vishnoo,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get your copy of IOS30? Might it have been a stub? Also, why did you want to downgrade to 3.0?

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I got IOS 30 on NUS Downloader v1.9. I wanted to downgrade because i heard that it couldboot burned discs using neogamma.

Please HElP:!::!:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3 can also run burned discs through NeoGamma, though most people use USB loaders now because they're far superior. What version of IOS30 did you install?

If you installed version 2816, then you installed a stub (essentially a useless placeholder). Without bootmii, Priiloader, nor a NAND backup, there is no way for you to fix this.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3 can also run burned discs through NeoGamma, though most people use USB loaders now because they're far superior. What version of IOS30 did you install?

If you installed version 2816, then you installed a stub (essentially a useless placeholder). Without bootmii, Priiloader, nor a NAND backup, there is no way for you to fix this.
In some other thread not too long ago, somebody used a tool to dump a bad nand and write IOS versions to it. After writing them, he was able to flash the fixed nand back. It's the first post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/miraculous-ways-youve-unbricked-a-gaming-system-or-other-device.428379 If he can't even turn on his console and doesn't have any way to boot though, I guess it's dead.

Last edited by Boogieboo6,
Reactions: Vishnoo

BlackYoshi485

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You should have installed the HBC boot or Priiloader in your wii before downgrading it, then you could have fixed this error easily, i don't know what you should do now. Try searching that thread Boogieboo6 was talking about.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking around a bit, it seems your Wii is unable to be fixed. Are you sure you don't have BootMii or Priiloader though? Turn on your Wii and hold reset for 10 seconds. That'll get Priiloader to work, if you installed it and didn't know it. Here's a post from a thread back in 2009.

"If you turn on your Wii WITHOUT an SD card in it, does it flash once, and then flash a couple more times really fast like a second later? If so, bootmii should be properly installed to boot2. If not, you did not install it to boot2.

If it is installed to boot2, make sure your sd card has the bootmii folder still named "bootmii" on the root of the sd card and has 3 files in it. Also check the bootmii.ini file in textpad or something and make sure it isn't set to say:

AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=0

otherwise it will skip the menu entirely. (If those two lines have a # sign before it, that's ok and it shouldn't autoboot anything.) By default it should say something like:

#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
#BOOTDELAY=5

which is fine.

If everything is set up like that and bootmii still does not boot on startup, then try backing up your stuff on your sd card to your pc and then using the sd formatter tool which I believe can be found in the downloads section here to format your sd card and then put only the bootmii folder with those 3 files in it back on the card and try again.

If it STILL doesn't work, your SD card is not compatible with bootmii and you will need a different card that is compatible."
If you somehow access either of these, post again and we'll try to help more.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, some newer Wii systems cannot be downgraded to anything below 4.0, even if one does everything correctly. There is still no way to recover your Wii that I'm aware of.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I dont have any folder named as Bootmii in my sd card used in wii.Hi Boogieboo6,Can you help me.i want to know how to dump nand and write IOS versions to it.I want to know what are the things required for this process.Thanks for all your replies.Thanks for your help Lacius,As i didn't know much about IOS and Stubbed IOS,I have installed a stubbed ios and installed the system menu,I think that's why my Wii has Bricked.

PLEASE HELP:!::!:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you turn on your Wii, did the Disc slot quickly flash blue?
If yes, then you have BootMii installed and you can rescue your system (with or withour NAND dump)
If you don't, then your Wii is dead and can't be revived unless you invest in a hardware flasher (idk it for sure)

it would be cheaper then to purchase a new Wii and NOT downgrade it again.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yes i get a blue flash on start . please reply

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please reply

Please Reply Dinoh Scene

But i dont have bootMii files on SD

Last edited by Vishnoo,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my post and DinohScene's to check if you have bootmii. If you do, download the bootmii files from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-bootmii-files.161873/
You could also check out ModMii as suggested by DinohScene. Do you get a SINGLE blue flash on start? Or is it rapid? According to what I read, it should be a single blue flash followed by many flashes rapidly.

Last edited by Boogieboo6,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have a Bootmii folder on the root of the SD Card, along with the app which should be on the app file. It should have (Bootmii.ini) on the file (refering to file on the root of the SD Card.)

Idk the exact files but it should be on the root of the SD Card to allow Bootmii to boot correctly.

I got these files within a download. But I forgot the source...

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I want to know that will bootmii install automatically when hombrew channel is installed.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi Boogieboo6,I only get a single blue flash when it starts,But i want to try wheteher it works,Because i dont remember whether i installed bootmii or not,Can you give the bootmii sd card files,: https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-bootmii-files.161873/
forums download link does not work.

Thanks for reply Lacius,but i don't remember if i installed bootmii or not,I have installed priloader and also have the sd card files but i read in a forum that,if i install a system menu wad,Priloader automatically uninstalls.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What is in the armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf.What does it contain,How can edit it to autoboot.Or does it depend only on the bootmii.ini for the autoboot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...