Hardware Wii Boss

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered one since they were so cheap on DX.com and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Are they any good? I can't find any decent info on them since it's fairly new. Also, can someone point me in the direction of a good place to find a lot of modchip information? Thanks.

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said I had already done that. I'm aware of the features the Wii Boss has, I'm looking for some info from people who have actual experience with it. And RiotShooter, Gee, I hadn't thought of that! [/sarcasm] I'm looking for some input on good sites. If I google Wii modchips I can visit any one of 2 dozen sites, I'm curious as to what people here think is a good site. Plus, just googling Wii Boss doesn't get me any decent info since it's so new, no one has had enough hands-on experience to give it a real review so I need to ask around to see if anyone has heard anything about it or used it.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i also ordered mine from DX and would love to getsome input from someone who has hands-on experience with a wii-boss as well

apparently the wii boss's website says the ones from DX and kaidomain has cosmetic damages to them but they should work fine...

i hope mine turns out okay :/

gb4bzb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii-Boss is just an unprogrammed PIC12F629 bundled with a PIC programmer. You turn it into a modchip by programming your choice of 12F629-based firmware such as WiiFree, YAOSM, OpenWii,...
So you should check out the support forum for those firmwares and pick which one you want to use.
http://psx-scene.com/forums/wii-modchips/

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't care about the build quality. I want to know people's opinions of how well the chip works and a good site to find information on usage and installation of different modchips. I'm confident in my soldering skills, so that's no issue.

TheGrub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personnaly installed my wii-boss last friday. Second soldering job for me ever. So i am realy not an expert. I choose to install it with wires instead of the quicksolder. It took me about 1 1/2 hours total to install and program the chip.

The build quality is personnaly very very good. It comes in a nice box and well packaged. Everything worked first shot. Programmed realy well with the programmer that hangs out the back of the wii. I used WiiFree 2.45

I have now tried it with NTSC and PAL games using wiibrickblocker 1.3 and everything is going great for me so far.

I would recommend this modchip 100% !!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Email from Wii-Boss team about DX

I am aware of this site...the wii-bosses they stock are some of the stolen rejects... some work fine....with only small problems..others may not work at all. There is no user support for buying from an unauthorized distributer.

I emailed them and asked.

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a scare tactic. I have yet to hear of an actual issue with the DX.com chips. The main page of the web site (www.wii-boss.com) said that all the ones from DX.com would work fine.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you are paying more than $10 it's a ripoff sort of.
wiikey, cyclowiz, all those do the exact same stuff as any of the open source codes and they come already programmed. so you dont have to mess around with programming the chip. the materials used in the wiiboss come to around 10$ if you bought them individually or maybe even much less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.