Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the DiscEx/GCReEX formats it only if your doing nand emulation now it be nice to have a shrinking function like GCMUtility v0.5 does and they do have to be in .iso format

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting note: build 61 recognizes all of my GC games when I load them into it. Not sure if it does anything else properly, unfortunately, but it does pull info from gametdb, all box and disc arts, and titles of course

DarkSlave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently running Wii Backup Manager 0.4.5 Build 78 (64Bit) and I made the mistake of renaming 11 WBFS files to show better filename on my list. Everything seemed fine on the list until I decided to exit the program and reload it; to then add the folder onto the list. The same 11 WBFS files that I renamed gave me RED errors saying "Not a WBFS partition", "Invalid Partition Header", "Invalid Wii Disc". So I just damaged 11 WBFS files, even though in v76 it claims to have fix that issue. This is the first time I have renamed the files using the program; and I guess the last, but don't claim it was fixed on v76 if it's not.

BTW, the program is very nice. It works perfectly to transfer ISO to WBFS and to make lists so I know what I have. I guess renaming is not a function that works...

-DarkSlave

alexgf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee I'd like to give it a try but I can't download it! Everytime I follow the links I end up at a blank ad page! Too much BS just to download anything anymore!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he must be on hiatus.

not surprising many wii devs are no longer working on stuff. the tool is amazing as is though, i'd not be be upset if he does not work on it any longer.

fig2k4 come back! we need gc support!

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is the official secondary download link from the author without an adlink -->> http://filetrip.net/...-78-f26812.html

EDIT: lol, just realized that the post from icebrg5 links to the correct location already due to the automatic filetrip linking..

EDIT2: i still don't like the fact that some keywords still trigger the auto linking...

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This question might have been answered somewhere else, but I could not find it.

Will Wii Backup Manager "correctly" fat32 format:
- 3TB fat32 usb harddrives
- 2TB fat32 usb 3.0 harddrives

I have been using Acronis typically to ensure perfect Wii compatibility with all usb loaders (GX and Config) as well as WiiMC (which I find crashes if the drive is formated sucky) . But am wondering if Wii Backup Manager's format utility successfully fixes all these issues? As well, we would need to ensure 32k clusters to retain Gamecube abilities with the usb loaders. Anyone have some experience with this ?

thanks! (trying to get off the requirement of Acronis)

U.L.Tram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have looked through the post's (132 pages!) and I see several "export templates" have been uploaded and perhaps I am just
missing it but is there a way to
Export the Game name and Game description for the titles currently on your hard drive? If I just had the export code I could probably
incorporate it into an existing template.(I would try anyway). I just want a printed list of game title and description of game.
Thank You.

CrowsNest

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm new to this lark using Wii Backup manager version 0.4.1 build 66. For the past few days some games I try to convert to iso wont add to the interface listing but show up in red to the right of the page whilst other games do.
Can someone please tell me if I need to be doing something else to get them to convert or is it the files that are faulty. Never had this problem before when I used earlier versions of WBM??

Thank you :wacko:

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I'm new to this lark using Wii Backup manager version 0.4.1 build 66. For the past few days some games I try to convert to iso wont add to the interface listing but show up in red to the right of the page whilst other games do.
Can someone please tell me if I need to be doing something else to get them to convert or is it the files that are faulty. Never had this problem before when I used earlier versions of WBM??

Thank you :wacko:
Try 0.4.5 Build 78, maybe there was a bug in that version you are using, which is also old btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1