Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ads1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some idiot leaks this and everyone is downloading it and confirming stuff with each other. If every body rejected the leaker and refused to download it out of respect for wan, then he may carry on. After speaking to him, you guys have no chance of getting a better version. None of us do. Its all over.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shitty loader brought 1800 nubs here and crashed GBAtemp
mad.gif

huhster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
Red Machine D said:
FGOD said:
i don't think waninkoko should stop the project, but i think he should reconsider his beta testers. so next time he has a big release like this, stuff like this won't happen.

Holy shit, you don't say! How about he has people he personally knows beta it, so that wh--

...you know, if this guy actually knew any people outside of the internet, he might have had them do it... hm.

Beta it himself then until it's stable? There's a good idea.

that's true, but then again, you need to test things on other systems to be sure it works with everybody...

Yeah, thats bullshit. Because waninkoko released an application (Region Changer) that bricked wiis. Thats why Bushing flamed waninkoko about his incompetence. Waninkoko has to man up and stop acting like a little ass beyatch. Also, I'm going to have to agree with another poster in which Waninkoko leaked some applications that were associated to Bushing! WTF~?! ironic isnt it?

"Marcan has warned against using Waninkoko's Region Changer due to the high risk of bricking your console. As a result of him releasing numerous un-safe apps, Marcan, Bushing, and the rest of the Wiibrew devs will no longer be sharing information with Waninkoko."

I say, "fuk you Waninkoko." If hes going to cry over something as simple as this! Think about all the game developers that you have exploited to make your dumb ass name known!
grog.gif

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
ads1212 said:
Some idiot leaks this and everyone is downloading it and confirming stuff with each other. If every body rejected the leaker and refused to download it out of respect for wan, then he may carry on. After speaking to him, you guys have no chance of getting a better version. None of us do. Its all over.

Why, have you talked to him, what did he say?
TBH, I have downloaded it, but that was only to see if it really was leaked and so I can patch and burn ISO's ready for the full version.
I'll uninstall all of it of my wii, to make waninkoko feel better, afterall, he is a good guy, and I didnt think he deserved this, but I had a feeling it was going to happen as soon as someone mentioned the possibilty of leaking, I knew it was going to happen, but hoped not.

cakeslob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
And he got that from 4chan.

All of this shit started on 4chan. Some one claiming to be a beta tester

After wards the rapidshare link you see in naes' post was posted, and a few people started to test it.
They found via MD5 sums the the files were most likely legit, and everyone went crazy.

Someone on /v/ then came over here and started talking about how it was leaked, and then we get to naes post.
The rest you can already see in this thread.
miles, you effin snitch

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huhster said:
Yeah, thats bullshit. Because waninkoko released an application (Region Changer) that bricked wiis. Thats why Bushing flamed waninkoko about his incompetence. Waninkoko has to man up and stop acting like a little ass beyatch. Also, I'm going to have to agree with another poster in which Waninkoko leaked some applications that were associated to Bushing! WTF~?! ironic isnt it?

"Marcan has warned against using Waninkoko's Region Changer due to the high risk of bricking your console. As a result of him releasing numerous un-safe apps, Marcan, Bushing, and the rest of the Wiibrew devs will no longer be sharing information with Waninkoko."

I say, "fuk you Waninkoko." If hes going to cry over something as simple as this! Think about all the game developers that you have exploited to make your dumb ass name known!
grog.gif

Frankly, I haven't had any problems with the Region Changer since day one.
I don't even see how user error could make it brick.
Maybe some freak error that MIGHT happen.
Then again why should most of the people in this thread even trust what Bushing and Co. have to say about wani's apps?
It's obvious they didn't want to help him any more because they figured something like an ISO Loader would pop up. To them it was bad enough that the WAD Installer allowed VC Piracy.

Posts merged

QUOTE(cakeslob @ Sep 19 2008, 05:14 PM) miles, you effin snitch
lol hi cakeslob.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, for every single one of you who are bashing Waninkoko...

you are not to use ANY of his tools anymore...

That means no more WAD Installer, Custom IOS (dvd/media player), Mii Extract/Install, Savegame Extractor/installer, NAND Dumper, and WiiFrii...

Waninkoko did more for the Wii scene than bushing!!! All bushing did was find expoilts, then run and tell Nintendo... Waninkoko DID something... and here you all are bashing the hell out of him for MAKING WHAT YOU ALL FUCKING WANTED!!

just go back and play with your Wii... and not the nintendo one!

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:

That means no more WAD Installer, Custom IOS (dvd/media player), Mii Extract/Install, Savegame Extractor/installer, NAND Dumper, and WiiFrii...

Waninkoko did more for the Wii scene than bushing!!! All bushing did was find expoilts, then run and tell Nintendo... Waninkoko DID something... and here you all are bashing the hell out of him for MAKING WHAT YOU ALL FUCKING WANTED!!

I 100000000000% agree with you.
I started wii homebrew about a month ago now and then I learnt of waninkoko and his miracle tools, when using them, you cant "bash" waninkoko for them.
I think it is pretty immature not to continue because of leaking (not that I would know, I've never mae a piece of software in my life that a lot of people are eagely awaiting, so I dont know how it feels).
Yeah, bushing was a teachers pet doing that, if you find a DVD exploit, you dont tell nintendo, thats on the top of the list of to not tell!
Had to edit when Brian117 did that! Good Job Brian117

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:

I'm gonna go play DS now
yaynds.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:

Amen. You all wanted the damn thing. You could have waited a few weeks to get a full working one but you were impatient. If you were all patient this wouldn't have happened in the first place. I swear some of you people at GBATemp are just immature.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this thread is full of too much BS. why not post whether or not u got this working and with what game instead of all this other babble?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:

agreed 1000000000000009999902908492308%

the man did everything we asked for. any know you blame HIM? cmon guys...........

and for those of you who think I leaked the files, go back to around page 70 and youll find out who really leaked the files. I was talking about becoming a beta tester, but thanks to this idiot, hes abandoning the project.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i guess i'll add my 2 cents like everyone else is doing.

first off, I think Waninkoko is a great wii developer, maybe not as good as bushing/team twizzers in general, but still pretty good.
i'm glad he's not trying to be all preachy about not using backups, but he needs to grow a thicker skin: for example when he was criticized for making the region changer (which apparently did have some legitimate issues that were dangerous, but remember all homebrew could technically be considered 'dangerous', at least if you ask nintendo that is...)
he got offended that bushing and company had told him he messed up. Instead of taking ownership or saying "well if it's dangerous that's your risk you assumed' he sarcastically said of his next release: "My last gift before holidays. Three new applications for Custom IOS! As always they are not useful and dangerous. Enjoy them (if you can)." Obviously it's fine to be sarcastic and I think people have over-analyzed this because they're so disappointed about it, but Waninkoko needs to learn that not everything goes according to plan. Sometime you just have to roll with the punches: a program you made inadvertently causes damage to someone else's wii, or one of the many people you shared a secret with releases it for all to have. It's not always easy, but sometimes you just have to pick yourself back up again and move on.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
ppc_gba said:
ok, i guess i'll add my 2 cents like everyone else is doing.

first off, I think Waninkoko is a great wii developer, maybe not as good as bushing/team twizzers in general, but still pretty good.
i'm glad he's not trying to be all preachy about not using backups, but he needs to grow a thicker skin: for example when he was criticized for making the region changer (which apparently did have some legitimate issues that were dangerous, but remember all homebrew could technically be considered 'dangerous', at least if you ask nintendo that is...)
he got offended that bushing and company had told him he messed up. Instead of taking ownership or saying "well if it's dangerous that's your risk you assumed' he sarcastically said of his next release: "My last gift before holidays. Three new applications for Custom IOS! As always they are not useful and dangerous. Enjoy them (if you can)." Obviously it's fine to be sarcastic and I think people have over-analyzed this because they're so disappointed about it, but Waninkoko needs to learn that not everything goes according to plan. Sometime you just have to roll with the punches: a program you made inadvertently causes damage to someone else's wii, or one of the many people you shared a secret with releases it for all to have. It's not always easy, but sometimes you just have to pick yourself back up again and move on.

absolutely agree

Falco20019

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:

The fakt why bushing did "nothing more" than finding exploits is, that he and team tweezer want to see homebrew on wii, not piracy. That's also the fakt why bushing told Nintendo about the exploits.

@zant: You don't really think he canned it, do you? Waninkoko won't stop working on it. He won't let any other get credits for bringing out the first Wii Backup Loader. He always want's to be the first one. I say he will work on it behind the scenes and will publish it when it's finished. Maybe to calm down all the discussion about it and get out of the public sight, but he will NEVER stop a project like this. He's not that kind of person
wink.gif

Not for us... For his sake of being "the best"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)