tangjyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all,

My name is Daniel from sunny Singapore :)

I got a Wii (version 3.1 u) recently from a friend to roll back the good times. I believed that it is hard modded (not sure what mod chip it is) as it plays the backed up copy of the games he passed to me. There is a homebrew channel too but no programmes on it.

I would really like to burn more games onto DVDs to play over the upcoming festive period. However, I have been generally unsuccessful in getting the games that I burn to work :(

This details my attempts (isos burned using imgburner and using same brand of DVD):

Wii Sport resorts - Detected on wii but black screen when I click start

Just Dance 2017 NTSC – Not Detected

Mario Party – Not Detected

Pokemon Revolution - Not Detected

Wii Sports NTSC – Works

Many discs have been wasted through trial and error hence I thought I should check with the experts here. I am pretty noob when it comes to modding but have been reading up a little in my attempt to find a solution. So the tricky thing is that it can play the game copies that my friend passed to me together with the console and the Wii Sports which I created but not any other game.

I know you may ask me to load from an external HDD but I do not have any spare with me at the moment and I would very much prefer to use DVDs if possible.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Does region setting matter?

Thanks very much in advance!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, if you're on 3.1, then newer games that require newer IOS files aren't going to work. I recommend you use ModMii to update your Wii accordingly.
Second, you should figure out what kind of modchip you have and update its software so it's compatible with newer games. Modchips aren't very well supported, and depending on what you have, you might never be able to get some games to work.
Third, I know you already addressed it, but I highly recommend you use USB-loading.

tangjyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi Lacius,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Any way I can check what modchip I am using so that I can update the software?

Will kiv the USB loading unless all else fails :P but tks!
First, if you're on 3.1, then newer games that require newer IOS files aren't going to work. I recommend you use ModMii to update your Wii accordingly.
Second, you should figure out what kind of modchip you have and update its software so it's compatible with newer games. Modchips aren't very well supported, and depending on what you have, you might never be able to get some games to work.
Third, I know you already addressed it, but I highly recommend you use USB-loading.

Cheers

tangjyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tks Lacius again!

Ok I will try that out now. Noob qns but any threads/videos I should follow to update the recommended files using ModMii?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

My name is Daniel from sunny Singapore :)

I got a Wii (version 3.1 u) recently from a friend to roll back the good times. I believed that it is hard modded (not sure what mod chip it is) as it plays the backed up copy of the games he passed to me. There is a homebrew channel too but no programmes on it.

I would really like to burn more games onto DVDs to play over the upcoming festive period. However, I have been generally unsuccessful in getting the games that I burn to work :(

This details my attempts (isos burned using imgburner and using same brand of DVD):

Wii Sport resorts - Detected on wii but black screen when I click start

Just Dance 2017 NTSC – Not Detected

Mario Party – Not Detected

Pokemon Revolution - Not Detected

Wii Sports NTSC – Works

Many discs have been wasted through trial and error hence I thought I should check with the experts here. I am pretty noob when it comes to modding but have been reading up a little in my attempt to find a solution. So the tricky thing is that it can play the game copies that my friend passed to me together with the console and the Wii Sports which I created but not any other game.

I know you may ask me to load from an external HDD but I do not have any spare with me at the moment and I would very much prefer to use DVDs if possible.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Does region setting matter?

Thanks very much in advance!
Is there any reasons why you still use DVD instead of an USB loader.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We recommend you get a hard drive, because compatibility and support are much better, it's much more convenient, loading speeds are faster, etc.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

tangjyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies :)

I will work on Modmii and see how it goes.

Yes, when I have time I will try to get an external HDD. To be honest, was quite afraid of the long list of steps to set up an external HDD as well :o
Just hoping to get a few games running on DVD in the short-term and moving forward an external HDD :)

tangjyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Step 1: Run a sysCheck on your Wii.
Step 2: Drag your sysCheck report into ModMii.
Step 3: Follow ModMii's instructions.

Wow I followed this video and I have 52 files I need to download. Having quite a bit of fun :)

Downloading them now. At the end of the video, it says to use Multi Mod Manager to install these files on wii. Is this the right step? Or should I be using another app to install the 52 files?

Thanks!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still don't see your answer to your questions, members that come to this site, asking for help and don't answer simple questions, don't really deserve help. so ill ask again:

tangjyd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i still don't see your answer to your questions, members that come to this site, asking for help and don't answer simple questions, don't really deserve help. so ill ask again:

Already answered in #10. I may be new but I have answered the questions posted by everyone to the best of my ability...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I followed this video and I have 52 files I need to download. Having quite a bit of fun :)

Downloading them now. At the end of the video, it says to use Multi Mod Manager to install these files on wii. Is this the right step? Or should I be using another app to install the 52 files?

Thanks!
ModMii should output simple-to-follow instructions.

D

Deleted User

Just a note: I helped him privately via Skype. In case anyone was wondering:
A) he had a JPN Wii (We kept it on NTSC-U though as he cannot read Japanese)
B ) we updated to 4.3U, then installed HBC and BootMii@boot2 and @IOS, then installed Priiloader and turned on region free.
Then his discs worked fine :P

Reactions: tangjyd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol