Misc Wifi from laptop?

JesterDev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a wireless router from home, to get internet access at work (about a block away). However I have to be as close to my house as possible to get a decent connection. So here's my question - Will my wireless PCI card allow me to use my DS wifi from further away? What I mean is, say my laptop is close the the house with a decent connection, and I want to sit further away; will that still work?

Home ----------- Laptop (wireless PCI: Farthest possible distance from wireless router) --(More distance)-- Me with DS

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
is any card able to function as a repeater built in O.o?!

I don't think so o.o....u need at least two antennas if u want to do that... and it wouldn't be that great either cause it wold probaly draing your battery (if u are on AC it would be okay battery wise)...but its probably as expensive as getting an acutal repeater...

I have n ever tried this but I wonder if its possible to have a wired connection to your computer and then use a wireless adapter to function as the access point...I wonder...

but the quick answer I assume is no~ unles someone else tells me otehrwise

DownwardSpyral

The Fastest Thing Alive
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. The Nintendo WiFi connector does just that. Feeds off your systems current broadband and broadcasts it to a DS.

If it was an option, thats what JesterDev could do. Use the WiFi Connector to create a beacon at the laptop, instead of trying to maintain range with their home network.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
u are once again correct ^^:;

yea the WiFI connector would be able to do that for you~ as it works as an access point...

I never figured out how the WiFi connector work like..does it only work for DS and how far is the range?~ wait nevermind..I wil go to the right forum and look ^^:;

Triple_Nipple

Trophies
XP
Country
oh, i hope it´s ok if i use this thread.

Well, i have a laptop and would like to use its wi-fi card to play with my DS Lite over internet. The problem for me is that the wi-fi card seems to be disabled :S. Then when i try to connect to it, my regular connection goes off line. I have no idea how to solve this, any one that have experience about this? please help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: WUT?! No Quarter Pounder w/Cheese? :sad::cry: