• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why you shouldn't visit CNN if you want recent, unbiased news

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're worried about any one news website not reporting something important, just use newsmap.jp.

It's one of the tabs that always automatically opens up when I start my browser.
That looks like a very awesome site, thanks for sharing. I will definitely use that in the future.

Whether CNN was right, wrong, misinformed or otherwise I will leave to others to debate but in that case I am not so sure the gunman himself as that useful a source.

The video is really conclusive about what actually influenced the gunman, and also shows how CNN's reports were completely fabricated.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just realized something, CNN never posted the article on the homepage. The only link (the tiny word IRS) is there because that list of 10 or so words are current trends, meaning the highest searched buzzwords show up there. So it only appeared there because it was being searched heavily on the site and other places (#2 search key), not because an editor placed it there.

On a side note, Benghazi is the 3rd most searched term, and that is the only place on the homepage where it appears (even though that is another ongoing national story), another scandal that hurts liberal agenda CNN is refusing to promote.

Let's think for a moment, if both of these are heavily searched terms (Not just on CNN, on the internet as well), therefore many people are interested in the topics, why would CNN make it so difficult to find on their site? If it's what people want to read, why wouldn't they put it on the home page? Because they don't want people to read it. They don't want people to know about the completely illegal actions committed against only conservative groups, or about the four Americans who were killed which the Obama Administration blatantly lied about. They are not interested in broadcasting unbiased news, only that which fits in with their liberal agenda.

That is conclusive evidence, and I can't see how anybody can possibly deny it.
I can deny it because they did post it, twice actually (the 3rd time I was referring to earlier was the trending.)

The Benghazi is the 3rd most searched term has nothing to do with CNN, that's the users of CNN who searched it. So apparently it's the 3rd most searched term on their site, that only means two terms are more interested than it according to the community. It's not a "another scandal that hurts liberal agenda CNN is refusing to promote."

So now you are attacking the site based on what the community's searches? You're logic is broken and flawed at best. The only evidence I've seen so far from you is your lack of understanding what the word "liberal" means and you are only making a conspiracy though lack of evidence and observational skills.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
From a guy who's not in the US, I think that this thread is absolutely hilarious. It really, really is hilarious that anyone even thinks this.

Attack CNN USA all you want, over here in the Philippines the only natively US news channel we get is FOX NEWS, and it's absolutely ridiculous how many times these guys talk about how Obama is the antichrist. I don't think that it could possibly get worse than that.

Besides, that, we get CNN INTERNATIONAL, which is a fantastic and quite on point international news channel, where the shows are actually pretty enlightening and the concept of focusing globally really shines through. I greatly enjoy the international business segments, segments based in Asia and Europe, and the around the clock international coverage, and it seems as though they normally get their international news about 15 minutes before BBC or Al Jahzeer gets it, which is really great. BBC is about as good, but feels less tight, less urgent (or more boring), and less global due to the lesser amount of global interviews and perspectives.

The on-location coverage is extensive, since they're normally able to send their reporters virtually anywhere, which makes the reporting much more on-point and less detatched from the situation, unlike others which simply report as is. Plus, their coverage on the Middle East and Africa are normally spot on for me. They even have the guts to often look at China from a fairly unbiased perspective through their Asian-based discussion shows. So say what you want about CNN USA, but considering that International and USA share the same company, the CNN network of channels can't be that bad.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can deny it because they did post it, twice actually (the 3rd time I was referring to earlier was the trending.)

The Benghazi is the 3rd most searched term has nothing to do with CNN, that's the users of CNN who searched it. So apparently it's the 3rd most searched term on their site, that only means two terms are more interested than it according to the community. It's not a "another scandal that hurts liberal agenda CNN is refusing to promote."

So now you are attacking the site based on what the community's searches? You're logic is broken and flawed at best. The only evidence I've seen so far from you is your lack of understanding what the word "liberal" means and you are only making a conspiracy though lack of evidence and observational skills.

The fact that they have an article buried somewhere on the site means nothing. Unlike every other major news outlet, they have posted no link to it, you'd have use a search engine to find it. That is my point.

Your entire argument has been piggybacking off what Rydian said, which I have already proven to be incorrect, since CNN never posted a link to the article on their home page, despite the nation's obvious interest in the story as evident by their "trends".

@KingdomBlade, I have no idea what their national news is like, but we're discussing their USA coverage. This is an ongoing national US Scandal involving the IRS targeting conservative groups, and another scandal which the Obama Administration told complete falsehoods which they never thought for a second were true. Every major news outlet except CNN has picked up and is covering these stories, with links to them on their websites.

Both of these stories give bad spotlight to liberal agenda, and coincidentally CNN has placed no links on their homepage to either story.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sNpmhfC.png

There's two places on the home page and if you navigate to the politics page (which is exactly where you should be if you even fucking care in the first place) there are at least four links that lead to the discussion of the issue which will also suggest more articles that discuss the issue. CNN is likely covering this just as much as the other outlets if not MORE, yet the first thing you do is call them biased and then you try to expose "the Liberal agenda". Your right wing nut job is showing, don't be a Total Noob.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
sNpmhfC.png

There's two places on the home page and if you navigate to the politics page (which is exactly where you should be if you even fucking care in the first place) there are at least four links that lead to the discussion of the issue which will also suggest more articles that discuss the issue. CNN is likely covering this just as much as the other outlets if not MORE, yet the first thing you do is call them biased and then you try to expose "the Liberal agenda". Your right wing nut job is showing, don't be a Total Noob.

i c wut u did thar

Reactions: Rydian and Foxi4

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@KingdomBlade, I have no idea what their national news is like, but we're discussing their USA coverage. This is an ongoing national US Scandal involving the IRS targeting conservative groups, and another scandal which the Obama Administration told complete falsehoods which they never thought for a second were true. Every major news outlet except CNN has picked up and is covering these stories, with links to them on their websites.

Both of these stories give bad spotlight to liberal agenda, and coincidentally CNN has placed no links on their homepage to either story.

I watched a little bit of CNN international on TV this morning, and yeah, they did cover the story. They gave it coverage, and I saw it 3 times within 2 hours, which is pretty suitable. And this is CNN INTERNATIONAL, so I could imagine that coverage of this in the US is heavier since the two share US reporters and news stories. (i.e., Yes, we still get Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper, and Candy Crowley.) I can't be sure, but if they cover a US story globally, I can imagine it being even further covered back there.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is literally impossible for a news reporting organization to be unbiased.

As a media form, they are most successful when they are able to push out the largest amount of information that is deemed "desirable" by their subscribers/target audience as fast as possible (think Youtube channels). This means that their current analytics and subscriber pool generally dictate what they treat as important and push to the forefront.

In your example, maybe all that IRS stuff doesn't matter to the vast majority of MSN or CNN subscribers, who care about somewhat different things than ABC's target audience.

It's not their job as a company to report the news in the way you deem most fitting. It is your job as a consumer to identify what stories/topics are appropriate to you, and look to the appropriate source. Vote with your feet, as it were.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The fact that they have an article buried somewhere on the site means nothing. Unlike every other major news outlet, they have posted no link to it, you'd have use a search engine to find it. That is my point.

Your entire argument has been piggybacking off what Rydian said, which I have already proven to be incorrect, since CNN never posted a link to the article on their home page, despite the nation's obvious interest in the story as evident by their "trends".
Actually they did, twice.
It was under " THE LATEST" and "MORE TOP STORIES"
In fact it's still under the latest
Screenshot.png

You know what they are lacking? Pictures, otherwise it's right there on the front page, no searching required.

Unfortunately you have proven neither of us wrong since I just proved it was right there and it was there yesterday too. Yes it was trending as well. In other words, it was being mentioned 3 times on the site, two of them weren't trends. You seem to be more upset that they lack the pictures the other ones had.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I use MSNBC (yes, I'm an unabashed liberal), but I also fact check it against other news sources such as (but not just) BBC, The Huffington Post, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, ABC, and NBC.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Was gone for a couple days), I'm going to let the facts speak for themselves on the whole IRS scandal. Here's a few more instances of CNN liberal bias during last year's presidential election (full article on http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2012/11/19/non-partisan-not-chance-worst-cnns-election-bias )

- Anderson Cooper referred to tea party members as "tea baggers", even after several complaints, an apology was never issued.

– A July CNN.com headline, "Romney Trip Begins In Shambles," was so provocative that the Obama campaign featured it prominently in a campaign attack ad.

– In CNN's documentary "Obama Revealed," White House correspondent Jessica Yellin touted President Obama as a "leader driven to make history" and "cool under pressure."

– After ObamaCare was upheld by the Supreme Court, CNN's Christine Romans smacked Republicans for "continuing all this uncertainty" over the law instead of helping their constituents comply with it. This despite CNN's own poll showing a majority wanted the law repealed by Congress.

Hostility Toward Republicans

-- CNN re-aired liberal Paul Krugman's smear that the Ryan budget would "kill people," and showed no outrage or controversy over the statement.

– Twice, CNN either ignored stories on the Libya attacks or relegated them in favor of negative coverage for the Romney campaign.

– While his colleague Anderson Cooper reported breaking news from Libya on September 28, Piers Morgan made no mention of Libya on his show and instead spent a good portion of his show pounding the Romney campaign.

– When President Obama made his infamous "You didn't build that" remark about business owners, it took CNN four days just to report it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You do realise that if a news site doesn't provide the news that people need/want or news that's relevant and current it'd quickly sink? Because bias is an inherent part of journalism and some of those bullet points above are sensationalistic rather than revelatory.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(Was gone for a couple days), I'm going to let the facts speak for themselves on the whole IRS scandal. Here's a few more instances of CNN liberal bias during last year's presidential election (full article on http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2012/11/19/non-partisan-not-chance-worst-cnns-election-bias )

- Anderson Cooper referred to tea party members as "tea baggers", even after several complaints, an apology was never issued.

– A July CNN.com headline, "Romney Trip Begins In Shambles," was so provocative that the Obama campaign featured it prominently in a campaign attack ad.

– In CNN's documentary "Obama Revealed," White House correspondent Jessica Yellin touted President Obama as a "leader driven to make history" and "cool under pressure."

– After ObamaCare was upheld by the Supreme Court, CNN's Christine Romans smacked Republicans for "continuing all this uncertainty" over the law instead of helping their constituents comply with it. This despite CNN's own poll showing a majority wanted the law repealed by Congress.

-- CNN re-aired liberal Paul Krugman's smear that the Ryan budget would "kill people," and showed no outrage or controversy over the statement.

– Twice, CNN either ignored stories on the Libya attacks or relegated them in favor of negative coverage for the Romney campaign.

– While his colleague Anderson Cooper reported breaking news from Libya on September 28, Piers Morgan made no mention of Libya on his show and instead spent a good portion of his show pounding the Romney campaign.

– When President Obama made his infamous "You didn't build that" remark about business owners, it took CNN four days just to report it.

An inoffensive remark made to a group that might be considered something of a joke and thus inoffensive to most people by most standards. I fail to see the need for an apology there.

Someone took what someone else said and used it and the someone else is at fault?

Though I am none too certain the US president is all that important when it comes down to things is not talking them up a popular pastime?

I must admit I am not quite on top of my US courts order of precedence with regard to this type of law/bill or indeed the percentage probabilities of congress doing something which I would need to know to make a proper call here. Still dragging your heels when you have a job to do does rather seem to be something one needs to be called out on though. Also wouldn't that be an example of non bias by virtue of not playing to your audience's wants?

I do not follow primarily as I do not know the greater context for the remark, given budgets deal with a lot of things that does not seem entirely unreasonable that a bad budget could see people killed -- my lazy arse does not bother to resurface the road then there may be an increased chance of a fatal crash but on the other hand I have some budget that could do something useful, given budgets deal with transport, healthcare, various forms of safety, science research, military stuff and much more that really does not seem unreasonable.

Relegated meaning reported on them later in the show? I have serious misgivings about the US centric nature of a lot of US news (or indeed any country centric nature of a given country's news) but of the many things that could take the lead it would be a big election.

Doesn't Piers Morgan have a topic driven show? If he was editor/producer for a regular news segment then maybe.

Again I do not know the greater context. Four days might be a bit long in the modern world but if it took that much time for the remark to start meaning something/drum up some interest that does not seem too unreasonable.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
(Was gone for a couple days), I'm going to let the facts speak for themselves on the whole IRS scandal. Here's a few more instances of CNN liberal bias during last year's presidential election (full article on http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2012/11/19/non-partisan-not-chance-worst-cnns-election-bias ) And Newsbusters has a conservative and in reality is just as bad as CNN and FOX. You can't fight a bias with another bias, the facts get muddled that way.

- Anderson Cooper referred to tea party members as "tea baggers", even after several complaints, an apology was never issued. So do most people, the Tea Party is a shame. It 's pretty much sponsored wealthiest in the country to control the lower class to making them think they are worse off. In reality all they are trying to do is do way with government interference and regulations. This would pretty much allow them to do whatever they want without any repercussions. Not to mention how much they are holding America back from progressing with the rest of the world.

– A July CNN.com headline, "Romney Trip Begins In Shambles," was so provocative that the Obama campaign featured it prominently in a campaign attack ad. It did start in shambles, every state he was in he lied to. Then when everything started to come together, he started making up more shit to attempt to cover up his lies. Once people started comparing his statements in one state to another, people started to doubt him. Then adding in his past statements and his attempts to "clear things up", which only resulted in him digging grave even deeper. I would say his campaign pretty much started and ended in shambles.

– In CNN's documentary "Obama Revealed," White House correspondent Jessica Yellin touted President Obama as a "leader driven to make history" and "cool under pressure." First Black President, elected twice. I would say he's pretty driven to make history. Other than a few slip ups here and there, he does seem pretty calm under pressure, from what I have seen. Maybe you see differently than I do, that is can always be a factor.

– After ObamaCare was upheld by the Supreme Court, CNN's Christine Romans smacked Republicans for "continuing all this uncertainty" over the law instead of helping their constituents comply with it. This despite CNN's own poll showing a majority wanted the law repealed by Congress. Polls aren't facts, they're polls. And "continuing all this uncertainty," You don't say?

-- CNN re-aired liberal Paul Krugman's smear that the Ryan budget would "kill people," and showed no outrage or controversy over the statement. Ryan's budget was the same one used before the past by Bush, look how well that got us. The trickle down effect doesn't work, it doesn't work on paper and doesn't work in practice. All it does is allow the rich to get richer and the poor to become poorer. In return, those who can't afford proper health care lose out. I would say that "kills people."

– Twice, CNN either ignored stories on the Libya attacks or relegated them in favor of negative coverage for the Romney campaign. They are also a TV station and in it for the views. Sadly the Presidential race was the most interesting thing at the time and got them more views than any other news out there. That doesn't justify anything, it's just how they got more views.

– While his colleague Anderson Cooper reported breaking news from Libya on September 28, Piers Morgan made no mention of Libya on his show and instead spent a good portion of his show pounding the Romney campaign. Refer to my previous statement.

– When President Obama made his infamous "You didn't build that" remark about business owners, it took CNN four days just to report it. Most likely because listened to the full speech instead of tuning out after one statement. There was more to that statement then just that.http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-didnt-build-that-uncut-and-unedited/

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
tbh idk whats the big deal about this irs stuff. people dying of poverty in the usa right now and this is the number 1 thing in the usa,
college folkz have trouble paying debt..and other stuff r more important. the health care probz in da usa, its really bad.

lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended