Homebrew Why? Why my hardrive does not work?

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Greetings, Folks
I'm using Wii for quite some time now. All was good. I quite often looked on this site for the information and found, almost always that searched.
Recently I had problem. Im searching for solution, but success avoids me.
Earlier played on Wii using Flash pen drive (16gb), but recently i have received USB HDD.
I have formatted it under file system WBFS. Has written files, all as usually.
Starting program USBloader GX. There is a main menu. In the menu games, covers, names - all as usual, all is good. But when I start any game I receive only a black screen. The console hangs up.
Games from DVDs is still runnning smoothly.

May the cause be that USB HDD works from two USB wires? One for data transfer. Another provides additional power supply (5 volt). On my PC, for example, HDD does not work without both wires connected.
Maybe Wii just cant use one of these?
Tried on cIOS 249r15, r14 and Hermes OIS222v4. No modchip

Sorry for my english. Amma russian boy
hate2.gif

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
you must be sure that the usb data cable is inserted in the wii usb port closes to the edge (the lower one if the wii is laying down).

at first, I thought you had missed installing hermes or waninkokos cios, but you seem to have done that.

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Vattu said:
you must be sure that the usb data cable is inserted in the wii usb port closes to the edge (the lower one if the wii is laying down).

at first, I thought you had missed installing hermes or waninkokos cios, but you seem to have done that.
Yes an yes again. USB data cabel plug in closest to to edge port.

Ah yah! I think I've find the couse by myself. At first I create a WBFS partition on HDD by using WiiBackupManager. Just recently I've formatted it again by USBloaderGX itself. I insstalled a game by GX itself and it works.Later I'll upload some games from PC and we'll see whats gonna happen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night