Hacking Why the 3DS can't be downgraded on 11.4 "For Dummies" (A simple explanation for the rest of us)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
nice, but this needed a thread? or all that text i the op?
why not 'arm9bprevents us from installing lower version titles'?
it's not new information etc, could this thread not have been made for every not yet hackable fw until real hax were released?
If you explain it to people then they won't feel like something's being hidden from them and keep asking.
If your child asks you for a dog, and you say no, and they ask why, and you say because I said so, they'll probably keep asking every week. Whereas if you say, because you're allergic and if you had a dog you'd hardly ever be able to breathe, well then the kid will be satisfied (if sad) and stop asking.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
now instead of explaining it, we can just link here
Which means a consistent, correct explanation for everybody instead of noobs just being told to get lost and never learning anything, and continuing to be noobs for the rest of their days. We can have a continual conversion of noob -> mildly informed, average contributing member

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Although evidence suggests this thread won't help every noob that reads it *not looking at anyone in particular*

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Interesting. I was not aware of this quite huge change in 11.0 and I am well interested in this myself. Since I am (quite volunteered) "That guy who helps anyone who asks him to hack their 3DS to hack them" - and by help it is anywhere from the most handholding I can do through a chat or doing it for myself using my own OOT3D cart etc.

This info indeed is crucial in informing my friends who want to buy or get modded that there might be, for a while, last easy change for getting a modified system for now.

Reactions: Swiftloke
D

Deleted-19228

Except it can be downgraded on 11.0...And 11.1

EDIT: There's literally people in this thread who think there's zero way to downgrade 11.0/11.1 when that's just not the case. Hardmod or system transfer with DSi exploit. It's even in the first post. What am I not getting here?

Last edited by ,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it can be downgraded on 11.0...And 11.1
yea... he covered that
Swiftloke said:
The future [what could be done for 11.0]
Well, put simply, to downgrade on 11.0 without hardmod or DSiwarehax, we need an arm9 exploit. Without being able to tell arm9 to not use the list, there's no way to downgrade via normal software. And if we have an arm9 exploit, there would be no reason to downgrade to 9.2 from 11.0.
> without hardmod or DSiwarehax

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...