Hacking Why is there no start to finish tutorial for noobs?

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey. I wanted to put a cfw on my 2ds to play games on but I can't find any tutorial which shows from start to finish how to do everything. Is there anything like that? Thanks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

Concerning the guide migles posted, I'd read everything in it before you start to make sure you have a basic understanding of the process. I'm not suggesting you make sure you understand CTRNAND flashing and how it's possible for a universal 2.1 image to be used. Rather, just get a rundown and an estimate on how long it takes. Once you start, it's not a good idea to stop and pick it up later.

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I got my 2DS today and it has version 10.3 on it. I hope this is fine. There is a SHDC 4GB in there, i ordered a 32GB one which will arrive tomorrow, should I wait for it before start hacking or can I start hacking it anyways?

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh and btw, do I need a SDHC Card reader? I surely do I think? Because I dont have one, I gotta order one for mc PC then.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So, I got my 2DS today and it has version 10.3 on it. I hope this is fine. There is a SHDC 4GB in there, i ordered a 32GB one which will arrive tomorrow, should I wait for it before start hacking or can I start hacking it anyways?
That's a good firmware. You can hack it with just the browser (assuming it was never cart updated).
The 4GB is fine for hacking, just keep an eye on the space remaining when you make nand backups as they are about 1 gig each.

Most computers have a built in sdhc reader, but some older models may not.
I would suggest this one as it is cheap, works good, and is excellent for nand modding should you ever get into that.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh cool Im so happy its a good version! :) Just out of curiousity; It wont update without internet I hope? I mean, I just turned it off for now, It should tell me when It will be updating I hope? ^^
It doesnt have an reader sadly, its a custom made computer. :)Well, gotta wait till tomorrow then. :) I can still read through the guide so Im prepared

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Oh cool Im so happy its a good version! :) Just out of curiousity; It wont update without internet I hope? I mean, I just turned it off for now, It should tell me when It will be updating I hope? ^^
It doesnt have an reader sadly, its a custom made computer. :)Well, gotta wait till tomorrow then. :) I can still read through the guide so Im prepared
It shouldnt update, just give you a prompt when you boot. Make sure you press no. (Im paranoid so I would shut off the wifi on the DS before my SDHC arrives if I were you)

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thats I good idea will be do that too. :) Is here anyone who actually is german and could help me tomorrow with that (only if I have questions or am stuck at any step) ?^^

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can get a cheap card reader for a few bucks in every saturn or media markt (or even 1€ shops like Tedi).
also, be sure to remember to turn wifi back on before you start the hacking process. it needs wifi halfway through.
also, once you start, make sure to follow every step accurately. dont skip anything, doublecheck if you copied all the files etc.

the 4gb cart is all you need for now, later, you just need to copy over all files (dont put in the empty new card before though)

finally, get a 4-8gb usb stick to backup the nand backups and other important files at the end (those are what you need to save the 2ds if it ever bricks)
until then, just read the guide over and over and maybe download the files it tells you to download into a folder already

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
4GB is really enough. Hacked several 2DS and n3DS XL's with just the 4GB card that came with them.
Just like zoogie said, you'll have to copy your NAND backups always to your PC after creating them because 4GB is going to be filled fast when creating NAND Backups ;)

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay so I was at Media Markt and bought myself both a card reader and a 16GB SDHC Card. I think I am good to go know or do I need something else except a working PC? :)

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Okay so I was at Media Markt and bought myself both a card reader and a 16GB SDHC Card. I think I am good to go know or do I need something else except a working PC? :)
Good to go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also get some sleep or smth... dont want to fall asleep while doing the guide...

Sources:Me and my brothers broken 3ds

Reactions: Chiqx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol