Hacking Why is SNES Emulator not Fullspeed???

CrazyMaxx

Stand-User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a Question...
My SNES Emulator is not FUllspeed but on 3ds with lower CPU Power its a SNES EMulator with FUllspeed

Thanks in advance

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two systems can't really be compared only with the "raw speed" of their CPU.

For example, the PSP "emulate" pretty well the PS1 because the CPU of both systems are from the same series, not especially because a PSP is far more powerful than a PS1.

Note that old 3DS doesn't run all games at fullspeed, which is why Nintendo only sell SNES VC games on the N3DS (even the homebrew SNES emulators doesn't run at full speed on the old 3DS).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I using the newest
snes9x-euphoria nightly build
No emulator is perfect, and i'm sure people have dropped SNES emulation developement on PSP long time ago. I mean maybe not dropped, but pretty sure with in the last 6 years since 2011. 3DS and psp aren't even the same generation systems, and is completly unfair to comapre something meant to be play those kinds of things than something not meant to play them, not to mention how the age difference is. Longer aged consoles had longer time for homebrew development to get better while younger does not, which isn't fair to expect it to be good or better.

I just have a curious question, do you have a psp 1000? If you are using any of the others, i think you may have to finid the high memory mode extend version of the emulators. Some emulators were made to take advantage of the extra ram that they added to the psp models after 1000 so it may help, also set processing speed to highest, (Recovery menu, game processing speed 333MHZ) I dunno if it will help but other than that, you will have to manually configure settings for each game as needed, including speed hacks and other misc. stuff. Is all i can offer, unless there is a more recent emulator.

As reminder, Most mobile/console emulation isn't as good, or either can be better but just dropped supporting developement.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=15715.0

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: