DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
After browsing on Reddit and checking a topic here I found out that many people are still religious... but why? We are 2016, we have education, we should have grown up by now and left religion behind. Religion isn't a thing anymore, it's associated with stupidity and ignorance. Why do people want to be considered stupid and ignorant? Religion is often immoral (look at Islam for example) and lacks any scientific progress or whatever...

Why are humans so stupid?
You act/say that like Religion was just a phase the world was going through like the 90's.
And you know (Probably not) not all Islams are stupid, and ignorant.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cause it's been indoctrinated in some groups (extremists), it's been taught from parents to kids (majority of religious people) and it's spread by clergy and other religious people to non-religious people.

For as long as humans exist, religion will exist along side it.

I, I'm non-religious.
I do believe in Karma (the do good receive future happiness one) but that's about it.

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harambe-christ-192x300.png

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
@Krakatau
After browsing on Reddit and checking a topic here I found out that many people are still religious...but why?
Because they don't give a F for people like you!!

We are 2016, I need education, we should have grown up by now.

Congrats you have some knowledge that we are in 2016.

Evolution isn't a thing anymore, it's associated with stupidity and ignorance of me being monkey.
Yes! we know bad for you!

Why do people consider me stupid and ignorant?
Cuz you are!

Evolution is often immoral (look at my monkey ass for example) and lacks any scientific progress or whatever...
Hmmmmmmm :

Why am I so stupid?
I don't know!

Last edited by Onepunchbruh,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit. ooh I see it got locked.
Locked so song

---

I made a response in the other topic that is probably relevant here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/do-you-believe-in-god.405333/page-11#post-5856264

"stupidity and ignorance"
For some it is assumed as such, for others it is tradition/culture, for some it is a means of social survival (200 people go to church and are bored as sin each Sunday, that is 200 potential clients for my fixing crap business, 200 I might not have so easily got had I spent it watching TV), for some it might be a mental crutch (that death lark is scary and the minds that survived are the ones that strived to avoid it), for others I am not sure. Suffice it to say though not everybody considers it as such. Give or take my knowledge of developmental psychology and economics might consider it a lack of or failure in critical thought to have religion when the evidence is so steeped against all the major players, probably most of the minor ones if more than 50 people have heard of them, historically most that have ever existed have been or been coopted as power grabs and maintaining power, and it is entirely possible to live your life in an awful lot of places with no real negative effects for lacking it.

Beyond that gravity demonstrably works regardless of whether you believe in it, the religious mind may well have some odd conditioning but it is entirely possible it can calculate its likely effects far more readily than my own. By similar token the religious mind can be incredibly adept at using a logic taught it within the framework of a religion, it is no different than you and I discussing the in game abstract logic associated with the latest and greatest RPG or arguing using historical precedents, what are held to be fundamental truths/rights and the like to argue cases of law. To pull that off an awful lot of information has to be stored (you have the book, some associated texts, historical precedents, things which might not apply any more but are kept around because it is somewhat important), available for immediate recall, a system of logic that tends to be somewhat alien to baser instincts gets to be introduced and almost driven to supplant many of those.

what's wrong with people believing in whatever they want? doesn't affect you or me.
If it was left at that then that may be so. However it does often cross over into reasoning for laws (my book says gays should not marry I think, apparently pork is bad because no good reason that is relevant today, no shops should be open on Sunday, my club does not want to pay taxes), actions (if you think your chosen sky fairy will protect you then so be it, however your car flipping 10 times because of that at best causes a delay in my trip, likely causes some poor bastard to have to go scrape it up or replace the barrier, and at worst crashes into me and does me no favours*) and beyond (is conditioning a child to believe something when they are programmed to believe the food and shelter giver rather than letting their reason develop and then choosing whether they accept whatever a moral thing? International law say probably best to allow it and I will happily uphold it similar to free speech and with similar provisos to that). Basically it is the difference between prejudice and discrimination -- think green eyed people are the worst if you like, it is a bit silly really but refuse to sell to/rent to/hire... because of that and then you are the arsehole -- and yes that would also mean that I would tolerate someone's voting for something for no other reason than their reading of the book of zen as written by Thor's fish's djinn says so.

*nihilism is just as dangerous if you go for that and absolutely agreed that for the promise of some ephemeral reward then some people that might have sat on their arses end up doing nice things.

Equally "thank god that it worked"... no I am the engineer that spent the time to fix it/make it survive the failure and my mate was the medic that stitched you back together... credit hogs, what bastards.

Be excellent to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.