Not open for further replies.

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After browsing on Reddit and checking a topic here I found out that many people are still religious... but why? We are 2016, we have education, we should have grown up by now and left religion behind. Religion isn't a thing anymore, it's associated with stupidity and ignorance. Why do people want to be considered stupid and ignorant? Religion is often immoral (look at Islam for example) and lacks any scientific progress or whatever...

Why are humans so stupid?

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you so stupid as to think that everyone shouldnt be religious? I do not know anybody who thinks religion is associated with stupidity. Religion is all about faith. There is nothing wrong with that. So what if it is 2016? If you do not believe in an afterlife, what do you live for each and every day? One's religion gives purpose to his/her life most of the time and makes their lives better because of their beliefs.

Last edited by uribemaster,

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After browsing on Reddit and checking a topic here I found out that many people are still religious... but why? We are 2016, we have education, we should have grown up by now and left religion behind. Religion isn't a thing anymore, it's associated with stupidity and ignorance. Why do people want to be considered stupid and ignorant? Religion is often immoral (look at Islam for example) and lacks any scientific progress or whatever...

Why are humans so stupid?
You are the stupid that thinks everybody has the same opinion that you have.

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Where I live basically everybody associates religion with stupidity and ignorance.
Nobody associates religion with kindness or intelligence, it's stupid after all.

Last edited by Krakatau,
Reactions: ComeTurismO

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why are you so stupid as to think that everyone shouldnt be religious? I do not know anybody who thinks religion is associated with stupidity. Religion is all about faith. There is nothing wrong with that. So what if it is 2016? If you do not believe in an afterlife, what do you live for each and every day? One's religion gives purpose to his/her life most of the time and makes their lives better because of their beliefs.

I live for doing something in my current and only life, I don't think like every failed religious imbecile that I will succeed in my afterlife.

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here in Belgium basically everybody associates religion with stupidity and ignorance.
Nobody associates religion with kindness or intelligence, it's stupid after all.
The funny thing here is nobody cares who you are or what you think, you must be a very stupid person calling people who have a religion stupid and ignorant while you are probably the most worthless person in the world who will never accomplish anything so.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live for doing something in my current and only life, I don't think like every failed religious imbecile that I will succeed in my afterlife.
Well you better live it to the fullest because while your life will completely end, my second life will begin

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"everybody" lol biggest BS i read today lmao

In your country it's probably the same. Religion is associated with old people (who grew up with it) or with stupidity and ignorance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well you better live it to the fullest because while your life will completely end, my second life will begin

The funny thing here is nobody cares who you are or what you think, you must be a very stupid person calling people who have a religion stupid and ignorant while you are probably the most worthless person in the world who will never accomplish anything so.

It's funny when you realise the most stupid replies to my topic came from Americans...

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your country it's probably the same. Religion is associated with old people (who grew up with it) or with stupidity and ignorance.

It's funny when you realise the most stupid replies to my topic came from Americans...
Retarded confirmed

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's funny when you realize nobody so far cares for what you have to say. I'll just categorize you as an idiot and go on with my day. May you rest in piece

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's funny when you realize nobody so far cares for what you have to say. I'll just categorize you as an idiot and go on with my day. May you rest in piece

Well, you seem to care a lot about what I say. Even more than about my opinion than about your Biblical nonsense and imaginary stories, you are progressing!

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone put it quite well to me that religion will continue to prevail until the human race can better articulate the "meaning of life". It's quite a fundamental human yearning to want to understand how and why we're here, to assign some grand purpose to the things we do...

There are aspects of all religions which come from a good place, and aspects which are antiquated. It's difficult to reject some teachings while retaining others. Some denominations of Christianity have managed to do this better than others. There are moderate Muslims just as there are extremists.

Fundamentalists that invoke religion (eg. Daesh, KKK, Babbar Khalsa, many, many, many more) tend to do so to put in place power structures, rather than being true to the core fundamentals of the religions they claim to represent (in my view anyway). They have corrupted religion to serve their needs. That is absolutely immoral. But there are many examples of positive actions and examples of morality that stem from religion. I would contend that many modern "Western" constructs of morality have evolved from a Judeo-Christian teaching, those being the dominant religions of Europe and America for some time. It's a shame that those moral centres are only just coming around to the idea that, perhaps women aren't objects, or that being gay is okay... but there will always be things that seem outlandish now, even to those who aren't religious, that will be accepted in ten, fifty, a hundred years... that's how it's always been.

Many intelligent people choose to have faith, or have always known faith. I would never consider it my right to tell people who have a religion that they're stupid.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
>After browsing on Reddit and checking a topic here I found out that many people are still religious... but why?
Because of traditions? Because of personal reasons? Or simply because people are free to do what they want?

>Religion isn't a thing anymore, it's associated with stupidity and ignorance. Why do people want to be considered stupid and ignorant?
In my opinion, the stupid people are the one thinking religion is stupid. Not being able to accept other people's way of thinking is the definition of ignorance for me.
And admitting that people that think religion is stupid are right, do religious people really need to care about what they think? Stupid example, Animal Crossing games are considered childish by most people. Will I not play it because some people think it is stupid, in order to be "accepted"? No, I'll play the game, and I don't give a f*ck about what others think about what I do.

And no, I don't believe in any religion, I'm an atheist.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Someone put it quite well to me that religion will continue to prevail until the human race can better articulate the "meaning of life". It's quite a fundamental human yearning to want to understand how and why we're here, to assign some grand purpose to the things we do...

There are aspects of all religions which come from a good place, and aspects which are antiquated. It's difficult to reject some teachings while retaining others. Some denominations of Christianity have managed to do this better than others. There are moderate Muslims just as there are extremists.

Fundamentalists that invoke religion (eg. Daesh, KKK, Babbar Khalsa, many, many, many more) tend to do so to put in place power structures, rather than being true to the core fundamentals of the religions they claim to represent (in my view anyway). They have corrupted religion to serve their needs. That is absolutely immoral. But there are many examples of positive actions and examples of morality that stem from religion. I would contend that many modern "Western" constructs of morality have evolved from a Judeo-Christian teaching, those being the dominant religions of Europe and America for some time. It's a shame that those moral centres are only just coming around to the idea that, perhaps women aren't objects, or that being gay is okay... but there will always be things that seem outlandish now, even to those who aren't religious, that will be accepted in ten, fifty, a hundred years... that's how it's always been.

Many intelligent people choose to have faith, or have always known faith. I would never consider it my right to tell people who have a religion that they're stupid.

Anyone claiming women to be inferior, or gay-marriages to be bad should be left out of society. I agree with you in many aspects, but I do think that religion and stupidity have more in common than you may think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good