Why Gaming is Dead: The REAL Reason

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PC gaming has always been more variable than consoles, but the trend of having to upgrade every other year to be able to even play it lies behind us. Even average PC's of the last four years can play just about any game; it just won't be at maxed out settings in case of AAA games. You can argue that gaming is dead because of that ratrace to keep up with the newest of the newest, but if you believe that, then gaming was never actually 'alive' on a PC.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't mind DLCs where you buy stuff to make the game easier or some colorful costumes, if you have to much money go for it. You gotta remember that back in the day you would just not have these extras.
However the cases where they deliver an absoutely barebones game and expect you to pay for the rest is seriously wrong, train simulator im looking at you !

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't mind DLCs where you buy stuff to make the game easier or some colorful costumes, if you have to much money go for it. You gotta remember that back in the day you would just not have these extras.
However the cases where they deliver an absoutely barebones game and expect you to pay for the rest is seriously wrong, train simulator im looking at you !

Costumes and easy mode/cheats were frequently unlockables in old games, similarly it would not have been hard for devs of those old games to have a custom palette option.

I am not sure train simulators are a great example of DLC gone wild, train sets exhibit much the same thing in real life and if they are doing the fully licensed thing (the rockband/guitar hero stuff providing a good example here, estimates ended up in the thousands for all DLC) the prices can go up. Sure I am likely to dismiss such activities with something along the lines of "if it makes you happy then go for it" all while shaking my head and smirking so hard my face threatens to freeze that way.

D

Deleted-236924

We got the login server for Windfola down on Lord of the Rings Online yesterday during Smooth McGroove's stream since we got dozens if not hundreds of people to try and download the game + create Lv. 1 Hobbits on that server all at the same time.

(And the point wasn't to purposefully try to bring it down, it's because his stream made everyone want to get the game, and chances are several of them got interested in the game and continued playing afterwards.)

And Nintendo would probably never have seen my money for MK7 if it wasn't for his stream.

I'll grant you that a lot of people would settle for watching someone play through a game in order to experience the story/etc. (what I did with Deadpool) when they would normally have bought it and played it themselves, but acting like every LPer or Streamer has that effect is just... no...

Then again, the only appeal of Deadpool is the jokes in it; gameplay and storyline are fairly generic, but like Veho said that's a problem with the game itself, not with LPers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr