Hacking Why focus on the Flashcards when u have SD

NeoPhythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering why people keep talking about 'hacking' the 3ds thrugh the flashcards... it has a perfectly fitted SD card slot in the side. Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that be alot easier to use, like the PSP?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Here's the thing, we haven't cracked 3DS mode so we cant get access to it.
Plus we need to find an exploit to make the SD card run things.
I make it sound simple
tongue.gif

NeoPhythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but we do know how the headers of the games look,

so cant the header of the sdcard be changed, so it looks like a game (as they do with the ds/DSI flashcards) and on the sd it loads its own program with allready dumped 3ds games (tho those wont load yet, atleast it will give more of an open platform idea to break into it then the protected flashcards)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus we only recently hacked DSi, and not to the greatest extent, there's still a lot we can't do. Regarding the SD slot, so far we can only launch homebrew from it, and few people can do that, just those of us who have Sudokuhax. I doubt the 3DS will be hacked any time soon, SD slot or otherwise.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You realize the only reason the psp was hacked and its scene so massive was because everyone pretty much had the tools stored to write your own code with in each pap's battery. Every battery shipped with the psp could be converted to their developers tool with ease? Not only that we KNEW it was their developers tool. with the 3DS its different. it could be a special sd card, a stylus, a certain ds download program, or even some god damn special stylus. this is why hacking the system menu is difficult and we say "fuck the system menu" let's circumvent it entirely with flashcards which have been proven to work and they can be sold AND the chance of bricking the system is pretty much 1 percent as there are bricking Roms that affected older ds models. also as prowler said. The 3DS isn't a psp. And to further add to my argument we don't know how to decrypt and reencypt the 3DS's software so that lowers the chance significantly for an SD hack even though IIRC the SD port cannot run a program and use it to write to the system memory unlike the psp.

And MOST importantly. People can make MONEY off flashcards. You cant really do that with software exploits because someone could easily reverse engineer your code and distrubute it for free. Also you look like an asshole selling software.

D

Deleted_171835

uriyasama said:
The DSI was hacked?!?!?! was it hacked to play ds games or to play DSIWare?
To run homebrew and DSi-enhanced games.

You'll need SudokuHax (which you can't get now) or a CycloDSi Evolution to hack it.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can't believe people are still talking about hacking the 3DS as if it were as easy as the snap of a finger.
blink.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
NeoPhythe said:

so cant the header of the sdcard be changed, so it looks like a game (as they do with the ds/DSI flashcards) and on the sd it loads its own program with allready dumped 3ds games (tho those wont load yet, atleast it will give more of an open platform idea to break into it then the protected flashcards)
The 3DS doesn't look for cart games in the SD slot...

Shit's not stupid nowadays. You can't just pelvic-thrust some code at a device and make it take it like a bitch.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
NeoPhythe said:

The 3DS doesn't look for cart games in the SD slot...

Shit's not stupid nowadays. You can't just pelvic-thrust some code at a device and make it take it like a bitch.
lolwhut? I remember the Wii not supposed to be reading games from vitually any device available. I don't see how this is different.

But we really should show some more patience and we'll see what happens down the road
wink.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
lolwhut? I remember the Wii not supposed to be reading games from vitually any device available. I don't see how this is different.
The Wii can read games from other devices once it's hacked and a custom virtual device driver or redirect has been inserted.

He's talking about doing this to a stock device.

wasabiuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
NeoPhythe said:
I was wondering why people keep talking about 'hacking' the 3ds thrugh the flashcards... it has a perfectly fitted SD card slot in the side. Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that be alot easier to use, like the PSP?

lol
this thing is much better protected than the psp 1000 and 2000.
we couldnt even make it work in masses for the DSI.
did you know, that the 3DS is protected with an RSA 4096 key?

Also, today hacking the fw brings alot of annoying things, the constant updates and the bricking.
To put a bootstrap onto a card should be a lot easier, at least for most people. the question is, when and if it is possible at all.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
yaynds.gif
g2n said:
DeMoN said:
No one knows if the SD slot is even fast enough to run a 3DS game from it.

This is probably the best argument on this thread. Case closed?
stop rofling my chopter everyone knows even the slowest sd cards transfer data at 2 MB per second and some even transfer at 8 i think

You're an idiot. Even if that WAS true, there's the fact that that's Computer-to-SDCard transfer rate. Not SDcard-to-3DS rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U