Homebrew Why doesn't wooddumper work on any DSis or 3DSs?

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, what is the "card id" that it talks about? Is this just a form of the four letter game id? Is it like the "title id low" of other Nintendo platforms?

Factual, technical and understandable explanation/s please.

Last edited by Hiccup,

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. Would it be possible to trick it by switching the cards very quickly (using some kind of external hardware)?

I also wonder if any of the lands/modes on DSi or 3DS are capable of reading DS cards and preventing the card slot from switching off, or at least able to turn it back on?

Last edited by Hiccup,
D

Deleted-236924

There is a hardware mod you can do to make card switches work in DS mode on the DSi and 3DS.
I believe it involved bridging those two pins together:
l7McBUt.png

Note: Don't take my word for it, I'm only going off by memory there. Wait for other people to confirm or ask around before attempting this. :P

This is a DSi motherboard but the cartridge slot is the same on the 3DS and the same trick should work on both.

Reactions: Hiccup

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that a simple cartridge adapter would be enough (some kind of device that you can put into the 3ds and that you can put the game into, like DSi action replays).
Can someone confirm this? I don't want to buy one if it doesn't work. Also, which action replays work like this?

Last edited by Hiccup,

opa334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone confirm this? I don't want to buy one if it doesn't work. Also, which action replays work like this?
I happen to own a DSi Action Replay and no, it does not work, but I think technically it could be possible to code a custom homebrew for it to make it work, as it's not redirecting to the game, wooddumper is just seeing the action replay cardridge and not the one thats in the action replay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning