why do people on forums hate jrpgs so much

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was on gamefaqs and all i saw was either people bashing jrpgs for no reason,people complaining about certain rpgs not coming out and bitching about jrpgs for having quote on quote loli apeal

so do people ever actualy praise jrpgs anymore maybe its just gamefaqs thats like this i dunno but jrpgs as a ganre get alot of hate from people for some reason

i mean the amount of hate ive seen for atelier is staggering i mean sure they aint perfect but i woudnt call them bad

so what do you think do jrpgs get to much hate on forums or is it just the forum im on?

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because a lot of them suck?

They're convoluted, boring, and poorly written. There are exceptions but a lot of them are outdated fan-pandering.
yes but heres the thing

i can understand that but maybe we are to negetive on them and maybe we should be positive about the ganre for a chance look at the good jrpgs instead of the bad i can name a fair few worthwhile rpgs so yeah

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because different people have different opinions?

Also, it depends on the forum. Tons of people on GBAtemp will rave about Xenoblade Chronicles, The Tales Of franchise, the new Final Fantasy games, etc. until the cows comes home.

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because different people have different opinions?

Also, it depends on the forum. Tons of people on GBAtemp will rave about Xenoblade Chronicles, The Tales Of franchise, the new Final Fantasy games, etc. until the cows comes home.
yeah i have noticed that XD ive also seen alot of people are alot more fair on hyperdemension here im not a fan of the series but its nice to see a site not complain about it all the time

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
a lot of them are kinda formulaic with the "chosen one world / universe is in peril and quickly rushed love interest who most likely will need rescuing by the end of the game" crap

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cause the people that actively play them are weeaboo's and hate on other games whilst the people that hate JRPGS hate on weeaboo's

In all seriousness, I cbf about those people.
I play whatever I want.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
a lot of them are kinda formulaic with the "chosen one" crap.

yeah but many of them u don't even need to be a fan of the story lie alundra for example

what is so wrong in talking about more of the good jrpgs instead of complaining about the bad tell me whats so hard about that

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't really ignore bad now can you? Especially not if it is the bulk of the output, at least in a given gameplay style, of a game development powerhouse like Japan.

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't really ignore bad now can you? Especially not if it is the bulk of the output, at least in a given gameplay style, of a game development powerhouse like Japan.

i guess there are plenty of bad jrpgs out there beyond the beyond for example

i mean hating them without expaining why it bad

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1. hero who doesn't know they are a hero finds out they are needed for something.
2. goes on epic journey to solve problem (problem with universe, spirit world etc) most of the time love interest who we are also introduced too will join hero
3. questing insues.
4. other individuals (if it's THAT kind of RPG) will also join with heroes quest.
5. hero finds out love interest may also be a "chosen one" and is a key in making the "problem" happen and is captured by evil to make sure plans happen.
6. Hero goes after evil to save girl and destroy the evil causing the problem before girl is used for evil
7.hero destoys evil. saves girl and universe / world is safe for another day until the sequel.

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. hero who doesn't know they are a hero finds out they are needed for something.
2. goes on epic journey to solve problem (problem with universe, spirit world etc) most of the time love interest who we are also introduced too will join hero
3. questing insues.
4. other individuals (if it's THAT kind of RPG) will also join with heroes quest.
5. hero finds out love interest may also be a "chosen one" and is a key in making the "problem" happen and is captured by evil to make sure plans happen.
6. Hero goes after evil to save girl and destroy the evil causing the problem before girl is used for evil
7.hero destoys evil. saves girl and universe / world is safe for another day until the sequel.

not all jrpgs are like that people who think so are stuck in the past

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're awesome. My kids these days play call of duty or candy crush. God forbid they had to read text.

Best DS Game: Black Sigil

i guess there are plenty of bad jrpgs out there beyond the beyond for example

i mean hating them without expaining why it bad

OMFG BEYOND THE BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the first RPG for ps1 that I ever played. I remember being so hyped for it ....32 bit rpg, oh ya baby, just after busting though final fantasy 6 on snes........................oh man was I wrong!

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They're awesome. My kids these days play call of duty or candy crush. God forbid they had to read text.

Best DS Game: Black Sigil

i never got the apeal to call of duty if you want to play a fps play something like team fortress 2 or doom which are actualy fun

anyways yeah people do get abit pissed off about text even western rpgs have text but noone complains there

not ALL are like that..but you have to agree that there is SOME type of formula like this to JRPG's story. maybe not as rigid but it is out there
yeah i do ^^ if its done well i dont mine

alot of the shin megami tensei games have cliches but they do them pretty well so yeah

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never got the apeal to call of duty if you want to play a fps play something like team fortress 2 or doom which are actualy fun

anyways yeah people do get abit pissed off about text even western rpgs have text but noone complains there

I love pixels. I wish more games were created with pixel art than all the polygons.

thesupremegamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OMFG BEYOND THE BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the first RPG for ps1 that I ever played. I remember being so hyped for it ....32 bit rpg, oh ya baby, just after busting though final fantasy 6 on snes........................oh man was I wrong!
lol i havent played it yet but ive heard really bad things about it

i have heard it does have abit of a cult status for some though kinda like quest 64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/