Hardware Why did your Wiikey 1.9b update fail?

Why did your Wiikey 1.9b update fail?

• Have a clone Wiikey (or just found out)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Connections/wiring were missing

• Connections/wiring were loose

• It was a bad Wiikey chip

• Something with the Wii drive (e.g. chipset D2B, D2C)

• Blame the Wii firmware version (e.g. v3.1)

• Used bad media (e.g. worked with a new disc)

• Don't know

• Don't care

• Other (can you think of something else :)

• Total voters

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
almost offtopic: i just ordered wiikey because my older modchip wasn't upgradeable. should i update it straight to 1.9g or should i update some older firmwares first like 1.9b? plus i'm noob with wiikey, so do i need to do something before it starts to work. just heard osmething like that you need to run the setup disc etc before it works. :A

mastertard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, the Wiikey updates report connection errors even if there is no connection problem IF you put the Wiikey update on a GCOS multi-disc. Apparently you need to burn that 40MB image directly and waste over 4 GB
frown.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thumbs up to modchipcentral. no problems in any regard with their wiikeys. so fwiw, maybe try one of theirs if youre still in wiikeyland

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I updated my wii to 3.1E, but the update still fails. I really don't know why. It's actually both on the 1.9b and 1.9g update.
Maybe I have a clone WiiKey? ._.
Kinda. WiiCan is kinda like a WiiKey clone only much worse. >_>

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note, the Wiikey updates report connection errors even if there is no connection problem IF you put the Wiikey update on a GCOS multi-disc. Apparently you need to burn that 40MB image directly and waste over 4 GB
frown.gif

Maybe that's where I've gone wrong - I'll try burning directly and confirm what happens.

hhhh12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new on this I had NTSC Wii that was at firmware 3.0U
I updated the Wiikey to 1.9G. After done I still had error: 001
Did I do something wrong? Please help me out. TIA Sorry i'm offtopic

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you completed the update? The first progression to 100% is only a test, then you must do the true update which will again go to 100%. Use a GC controller if you have one.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My friend's update failed (don't know why), and now he can't read any backups...

Do you have an idea on how he could solve that problem? (I searched the forums, but found nothing...)

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note, the Wiikey updates report connection errors even if there is no connection problem IF you put the Wiikey update on a GCOS multi-disc. Apparently you need to burn that 40MB image directly and waste over 4 GB
frown.gif

Maybe that's where I've gone wrong - I'll try burning directly and confirm what happens.

Yup - can confirm this - burning directly works fine, burning on a GCOS multidisc causes the 'check connections....' error
smile.gif

Crush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we need to update the Wiikey? I purchased it from Modchipstore when they first came out and have never had any problems with any games. I installed myself.

I do keep the wii offline and update the console via the games when it asks like the last one did Mario Galaxies. I only play usa titles and burn on tayo dvd-r 8x

crush

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't play smg without the 1.9g update. so if you haven't updated it, someone else probably did recently?

Crush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ziddey,

You are correct. I did not know this as I had been playing the original and not my back up until I read your reply. I have since updated my chip this morning and all is fine now. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte