Why Breath of the Wild Had to Have Breakable Weapons

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Deboog, Mar 14, 2017.

Mar 14, 2017
  1. Gadd

Member Gadd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh yeah? Well I use only the finest and most durable weapons, CRAFTED IN ZORA'S DOMAIN! I can literally button mash and win any fight except I usually get killed when I try to do that. Eat your heart out.

2. slingblade1170

Member slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I never said I button mashed because you can't if the weapon breaks. You aren't reading my post and not making any sense anymore. Also I'm assuming you must be early in the game because weapons don't break that much anymore. Eat your heart out? Wtf is happening at the end of your post are you competing in something. You are on a forum trying to insult a stranger about video game weapons lol. Just chill out man our opinions can be discussed in a civil way. I like the breakable weapon feature and you don't, it's cool don't get so upset about it.

deishido likes this.
  3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    keep using them they break too :lol:

4. Nartanijel

Newcomer Nartanijel Newbie

Serbia
    I'd prefer 20x more difficult game ( even basic Bokoblin with 1k hp) and using weopon with max 10 ATK dmg. 4 hearts limit then weopon switching and item menagment.

5. Nemix77

Member Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Yeah I know thanks, the animation that bothers me. Guess I'm so use to Twilight Princess camera reset in which you had to use exclusively in that game.

6. deishido

Member deishido Texture Modder

United States
    and a piece of cloth is not a paraglider. I think suspension of disbelief is relevant here as yeah, they aren't actually ammo, but they fill the exact same role.

7. Gadd

Member Gadd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the sheikah glider could be high sheikah tech or 'magic' cuz at a high level one is indidtinguishable from the other. now wood breaks, but steel not so much. when stuff like that breaks it actually ruins the suspension of disbelief that good games and movies have. if something is so out of line with our experience as humans it doesn't pass the bs test, and is distracting and an annoyance.