duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I work in graphic design and pre-press where Apple Macs are industry standard, so I've been using them on a daily basis for well over 15 years, and less regularly for 5-10 years prior to that. In that time they have lost every redeeming factor they ever had.
Back when OSX first launched, and was up against WinXP, I'd have much rather used a Mac... but XP became more stable and OSX just kept crippling power users - and with every OSX update it has gotten worse.
Also, despite some of the comments here, in my experience THEY DO NOT OUT LAST PC'S - I went through 6 macs at work in under 10 years, while at home my PC (that got just as much use, cost a fraction of the price of a mac, not to mention out-performed them in spite of having lesser specs) carried on only requiring minor (cheap) upgrades over the same decade.

Plus, Apple are fucking liars! Virtually all their claims and advertising is at best, spin, at worse total bullshit... whether it was when they launched the G6 as 'the fastest computer money could buy', after AMD had released the first 64bit processors that made anything produced by Apple look comparatively like a tortoise... or slightly more recently when they did away with the option to alter monitor refresh rates claiming that lcd screens don't have refresh rates, they have pixel latency... wtf?!

But hey, there's a massive user base for this perceived premium product that buys this shit, both figuratively and literally, so Apple will carry on charging whatever they want for a turd in a fugly aluminium case.

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I overheard some people today, they believed that Macs were 100% safe against viruses... Which is obviously bullshit, but if the rumor exists and it's making crApple money, then I'm sure they have no problem letting people believe that their computers have a god-tier immune system.

Reactions: the_randomizer

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
literally the apple name and logo. the OS is...well without badmouthing ill simply say the OS is so over simplified it makes you feel like a baby. everything is hand fed to you no work required. i dualbooted my HP laptop with osx and i dont see what the big fuss is about. other then the lack of games...
oh and its also for people are over petrified of viruses. because "apple can't get viruses" being a unix based OS

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Here's a fun little fact. ~30% of all laptops (regardless of brand) will fail within 3 years. Some brands like Dell and HP are at the higher end of that, and some like Asus and Lenovo are at the lower end, but it's still round about 30%. Apple are in the middle.

Why is this? Because Apple, Dell, HP, etc, don't make laptops. They assemble them from various parts made from other companies (Foxconn anyone?). And these parts have varying levels of quality, and it only takes one critical failure among those parts to make a laptop (even if it's a MacBook) fail.

Full disclosure, the study where I got this fact from is about 6 years old now, but it still applies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it