Hardware Who's gonna miss the XMB?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mangaTom said:
I hope I can choose or switch between the two of them. I really like XMB but I could also give Live Area a try.
QFT. Just give us the choice, like Nintendo is doing with Skyward Sword. That's always the best option IMHO.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yyeah i guess id have to see what its like. From looking at it i dont really know how i feel. But i really liked the XMB. If the Vita was Android, that would be soo cool, like the Xperia.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the XMB, very easy, organized and quick to navigate. But I understand the attempt to have a probably movable icons, and app like on android/iphone/etc. type interface since this is a touch screen device. I wouldn't mind the change but I would at least hope I can choose the icons with the physical buttons.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XMB is a pain if you have a significant number of downloaded games (aka you pirate like all hell and you have a Go). It's easier to have all the options on screen at once with a touch screen so I can just poke what I want to choose and go to it, not go scrolling through sections and stuff.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well the XMB is a bit hard to navigate through.
It won't be that useful to navigate through XMB with touch.
With the new layout of things you will know where everything is and not have a pain going through it all.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'll bet that the reason why Sony decided to go with LiveArea is only because of the touch screen. XMB is great to navigate with buttons, but Sony wants to take advantage of the ease of navigation with one-press access, and the LiveArea is the way to go.

Personally I think the LiveArea is a welcome change. New console, new hardware, new capabilities, new OS = something to look forward to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: