Hacking WHOA! Nintendo 2DS to play 3DS games??? EMULATOR????

Status
Not open for further replies.

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
? From what I know it's just an unfoldable 3DS that has no 3D abilities. Hardware should be virtually identical, so I'm not sure about emulating anything as of now.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3ds can also play DS and 3DS games? The 2DS is the same thing but without the 3D screen...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought we couldnt make 3DS work because of the 3D part? Even if the rest of the hardware is almost the same, won't that be a step foward?
For an emulator the 3D could just be ignored for the most part. There's no reason why it would hinder development. There is no emulator because it's hard to make one.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the 3DS basically have two top screens? A 400x240 one that's 2D, and then the 800x240 parallax barrier thing we were discussing in the other thread?

So the 2DS would just not have that 3D screen.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS hasn't been hacked to the point where people are running homebrew on it (the Gateway currently doesn't support homebrew yet). Thus developers can't test code and debug the system enough to the point of creating an emulator to port all the functions to a program that would be usable on a PC. It's going to be quite awhile before we ever see a 3DS emulator.

The 2DS's internal hardware is pretty much the same except for the 3D capability and has no impact on this situation.

The Wii for example has a good emulator because it's been extensively hacked and all kinds of things were done with it. A good group of coders formed and created Dolphin that we know and love today. The same has to happen to the 3DS before we can see an emulator.

andrewmyles

Trophies
XP
Country
A good group of coders formed and created Dolphin that we know and love today. The same has to happen to the 3DS before we can see an emulator.

Well, I hope it happend already, since it's only a bit more than a month to Pokemon X/Y release, and we gotta have an emulator before that.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..*sigh*..

The 2DS is just a Nintendo 3DS, without it being 3D. A regular 3DS plays DS and 3DS games. A 2DS plays DS and 3DS games, but the 3DS games are not 3D. A regular 3DS has games that are available to be seen in 3D. A DSi plays DS games. A DS Lite/DS plays GBA games (amirite?)
This is mostly aimed towards children:
For younger kids, it can be very damaging to the health and eyes playing 3D games.
Adults sometimes can have burning eyes, or headaches viewing 3D.
But sometimes kids KEEP the 3D on purpose OR want to play in 3D. Or, maybe people accidentally slip the slider up to enable 3D mode which they don't want.
But no shit, that the 2DS emulates 3DS games. And haven't you saw the home screen? Same home screen as the 3DS, same features like sleep mode, blah blah blah blah blah.
God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr