ROM Hack Who wants to test NSMB2 custom levels?

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yn7KkgH.png
vdx6lkx.png

NSMBW 1-1 Remake Released!

RoadRunnerWMC is developing a NSMB2 level support for Reggie! (Next). However, we need someone to test custom levels, for the purpose of:
  • Seeing if it works
  • Testing unknown or unused things
So please reply to this thread or PM me if you want to help by making a video (or donating ROM hack playing hardware :P).

Me, Grop and Kinnay are researching the object/sprite data.
This is going on at RVLution.

Current posters volunteering:
  • Relys
  • Huntereb
  • Reecey
  • otto888
  • DaMueller
  • AgentChet
  • blunt420force
  • TheGrayShow1467
  • Aaron007
  • I pwned U!
  • TheMaxynator
  • logon
  • ieatpixels
  • Sparks43
  • Rizzorules
  • Crass
  • gtaking112
  • alexenochs
  • PieFace
  • Ryanrocks462
  • tmactx
  • Chrisssj2
  • SciresM
  • mvmiranda
  • Seraphiel
  • emo_kid_68
  • Orcastraw
  • Necrojinsei
Currently unable to volunteer:

• gudenaurock
Only sprites and objects can be saved right now. You may have to wait a while before a patch can be made. If you volunteer I'll add you to the list.

3DS ROM Hacks
The only methods to play ROM hacks are on a 4.5 3DS by using:
  • Gateway modded .3DS ROM playing
  • Gateway modded .CIA installation (via software loaded by gateway) - then playing via the system menu
  • Unleaked dev kit methods
Packing the ROM

todo
Levels!
442vHie.png

NSMBW 1-1 Remake by RoadRunnerWMC

Video by gamesquest1
ROM Patch (U - by gamesquest1)

(no icon yet)
Testing Level 1 (may not be working) by Hiccup/RoadRunnerWMC

Video by gamesquest
(no ROM patch yet)

Replace the level with 1-1.sarc or any other used level in the Course folder. Hopefully I'll (or someone more familar with this) will make a patch for the .3DS or .CIA.

why not?
i can join in!

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
AtlanticBit
I have added you to the list.

TheZoroark007
I think it will be possible soon. Because RoadRunnerWMC and Grop are working on NSMBU zones and such, and these are similar to NSMB2's zones, and if they are working on zones they will probably work on related things like entrances.

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I have added you.
Oh, whoops! I was looking in the wrong place! :P
Also...to use the .ppf patch file, do I patch a .3DS ROM of NSMB2, or a .CIA? If the .CIA is meant to be patched, then do I patch the .3DS ROM, then convert to .CIA, patch it afterwards, or what?

...Or...does the .ppf patch even work yet? Are we only supposed to use the .sarc files?

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just patch it to whatever works :P. Your patcher of choice should give an error if it is the wrong file.

It is probably .3DS though.

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just patch it to whatever works :P. Your patcher of choice should give an error if it is the wrong file.

It is probably .3DS though.
Okay well, I use PPF O'Matic, and it said it worked fine, (when I attempted to patch the .3DS file) but when I attempted to convert the patched file to a .CIA, it wouldn't work on my 3DS. So does that mean I'll have to keep patching .3DS files? Because that's going to be quite troublesome, especially considering the Red GW Card has fragmentation errors semi-frequently. CIA files would be much more convenient to use...Just saying.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if your rebuilding the game anyway just replace the level you want to be swapped for the test level with the new one, the patch was only intended to make it easier for people to test, it should just be applied to the US .3DS rom

but saying that the patch should work fine if you then convert it to .cia properly.....patch the .3ds file and make sure it works before you go trying to convert it to cia

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not as far as I know. I'm don't really know what the current progress with NSMBU/NSMB2 is. But I will ask.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah I had already checked last week and roadrunner said it is close now and zone/exit editing is nearly done and will probably be in the next revision

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
So i decided to start messing around with Reggie-Next and layeredFS, but i keep hitting a wall with reggie.

For some reason it won't pick up the files in my romfs folder at all, just keeps giving me the "this folder doesn't seem to have the required files...." error when trying to load NSMB2 files/Course folder. Works when i change mode.txt to w and select my NSMBW stage folder though. :/

Yes it's all decrypted and i can see all the .sarc files etc in folders.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there a trick to it that I'm missing or something?

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to copy the Unit (tileset folder) into the Course folder for reggie to pick up the tilesets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free