Hardware Who Is Getting The Ps4 When It First Drops ( Midnight Arrival )

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because buying into a console at launch is kind of a horrible idea. I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but you're blindly throwing away hundreds of dollars. You have no way of knowing what the game lineup's going to be (ask Wii U owners/PS3 early adopters) or if the thing will even work at all (ask 360 early adopters).

To quote musician, philosopher, and heroin-aficionado Axl Rose, "All you need is a little patience." No matter how much you want the system, you're better off just holding on to the money and waiting a year. You'll have a clearer view of the system's prospects and you'll probably get a better deal on the console and its early launch titles.

Nusdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. I'm going to wait at least a year or so. It's also a good idea too cause by then, hopefully the new ones comes out with all the bugs fixed.

Guest0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I bought the PSOne (PlayStation slim), skipped the PS2, bought PS3 super slim (final version)...so I'll probably skip the PS4 and buy PS5 (or whatever it'll be called) super slim again.

The cycle continues. ;-)

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's just throwing money away. If I get one it will be a year or two down the line when it's cheaper, has built up a solid library of games and when the beta testers (early adopters) have helped iron out all the hardware/firmware issues.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I had the money, I would absolutely love to... but I don't. I do have a lot of faith in the system though, judging from the support it's already getting and I don't think it's hype, just pure reason.

The specs are there, the hardware isn't convoluted, the developers gave it a thumbs-up - I can't see what could go wrong for Sony this time around and I hope that the more wealthy gamers will snatch it Day One - as many as possible so that developers realize that the system is worth developing for. :yayps3:

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll get it about 2~3 years after launch like the PS3. It'll be $300 or less then and also, a lot of good games that I'll be able to pick up for the GH or GH price range then.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Not enough gaems at launch to warrant getting it. I got burned by getting the Wii U at launch, so I won't be getting anymore consoles during launch. I'll probably wait about a year, and then make a choice, if the console is doing good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too