Hardware Who here will be ordering a Screen Protector for their Switch Tablet?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,335
  • Replies 56

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Will do. Always buy one for anything that can take one. I have no idea why they aren't fitted at the factory. I think a Sony device once can with one....

Always order from Protectionfilms24 in Germany. They have the best I can find - lots of 3m ones and now they sell the glass ones. I recently tried a BROTECT glass one on my mobile phone and it is great. Goes on so well and looks brilliant - it one of those that I have ordered for my Switch.

And before anyone gets all funny - I don't work for anyone, haha, I only mentioned this shop and this screen protector as I have tried loads over the years and felt this might help someone.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this one sat!
296n1pg.jpg

Reactions: Jiehfeng

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should not be a problem at all. I recall someone stating there was at least 2-3mm clearance and even a 1mm glass protector would be extremely thick. They typically are between .3-.5mm according to Lifehacker.
I was assuming it wouldn't be a problem given the fact that they are actually selling them, but without knowing how much clearance Ninty actually gave between the console and the dock
If the surface is made of glass, I probably won't need one.
Depends on the type of glass. My NVIDIA shield portable somehow managed to get a pretty bad scratch on its glass screen, and it closes into a clamshell like the 3ds so I'm still confused 2 years later how it even happened.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was assuming it wouldn't be a problem given the fact that they are actually selling them, but without knowing how much clearance Ninty actually gave between the console and the dock

Depends on the type of glass. My NVIDIA shield portable somehow managed to get a pretty bad scratch on its glass screen, and it closes into a clamshell like the 3ds so I'm still confused 2 years later how it even happened.
Maybe it was some chick with a diamond ring?

Anyway this Materials Science phd has a good write up on Reddit and seems to really know what he is talking about. Then again maybe you should write your congressman as politicians these days know more about science than scientists.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5t391e/misconceptions_scratches_on_glass/

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Just ordered one and will arrive on March 6 (my birthday), good thing I don't plan on taking out the Switch from the dock to avoid leaving any light marks on the screen.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Reactions: Jiehfeng

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
to update:

Brotect AIRGLASS screen protectors for the Switch do NOT fit. Not even close! So much for buying top quality, aha, ha. I have contacted the seller and will update.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
They shouldn't be advertising that it's hard as nails with a hammer, 'cause someone really stupid might try it and then complain his Switch is broken. :rofl2:

It's the norm for chinese tempered glass advertising. In other cases they show a drill where when it meets the tempered glass, the drill breaks. xD

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well people who were saying it didn't need a screen protector because glass has a high hardness, guess what? The screen is plastic, and gets scratched just from the dock. A YouTuber by the name Blunty had his screen scratched, and just checked mine and it already has a small scratch

Reactions: pelago

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well people who were saying it didn't need a screen protector because glass has a high hardness, guess what? The screen is plastic, and gets scratched just from the dock. A YouTuber by the name Blunty had his screen scratched, and just checked mine and it already has a small scratch

lucky my Mario case came with a screen protector film.. got a couple of bubbles but i can live with it than having a scratched screen..i can easily replace the film or pay someone to do it for me..

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the one gamestop sent isnt all that so im going to order a glass one.
And people should order them.

A few people on youtube that had review copies have said the dock is strachings the sides of the screen.
Kinda like the ds did.

Reactions: pelago

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Bump.
I received the screen protector that I ordered here earlier: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28226988845...49&var=581505001663&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It came with both a tempered glass protector and a film style protector (the type you usually see with HORI protectors). Tempered glass is OP so I went with that. The box came with a lot of things. Came with two sets of wet wipes/dry wipes, two dust removal stickers -they're pretty nifty-, and the tempered glass and pet film protectors. All that for $5 is really nice.

The installation was simple, as what I expected with previous experience with tempered glass protectors, they're much easier than the film type (those give air bubbles easily due to their bendy nature). I used the wet wipes and dry wipes first which were included, then used my bottle of surgical spirit (isopropyl alcohol) to finish the job, that's the best way to clean anything tbh. At first when I carefully put the protector on the switch is stuck on nicely with no bubbles (the trick is to align it before dropping it, and then drop it on gently and it then does the rest on its own), but it was a bit off. So I removed it with my nail and did it again a few more times, pulling and pushing it constantly to fine tune it and dropped it, and it still stuck to the whole screen with 0 bubbles.

Touch screen works fine and due to the fact that it's thin (0.15mm), it went in the dock nicely. Definitely recommend this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs