Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This once again has nothing to do with a9lh. You still can use an emuNAND with a9lh, so there is no argument here. No argument in favor of a9lh too, but still, that one didn't add anything to the list.

There is a way to accidentally update your sysNAND actually. Just do something that will reboot your 3DS without showing the home menu (so you don't see your theme) and update.
Example, visit the eShop on emuNAND, try to download a game without enough space, it tells you "remove stuff in the settings" with a button that leads you there, you click, you remove stuff, you press "back to eShop", but exiting settings always reboots, but you actually reboot to eShop so you didn't see your themes, and here it tells you "you can't use the eShop without updating" and you never noticed you left emuNAND.
And this is just an example, you don't have to visit eShop with small space to have this kind of situation where you're in sysNAND and you don't know it.

Same as number 1, no argument for any side.

So your only argument is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". And that's actually a valid argument in my opinion, but why is it not in your list then ?

This "list" was a reply to @Slartibartfast42 and I know that it is not an argument, I was just refuting his arguments in favor of A9LHax. My argument to not move to A9LHax is in some posts above...
And about you way to accidentally update the sysNand, my console is banned so I can't really enter the eshop and I know that some operations reset the system in sysNand, like use the SDManager, so I always verify in with Nand I am before risky operations like updates.

By the way, I know that I can use emuNand with a9lhax, but if I pass to all that trouble, makes no sense in use it.

Edit:
I really don't get this post idea. Some will move to a9lh, some not, why this shit bothers people so much ? There's no "better" way of hax, there's only multiple options to do the same thing. If you want to handle with A9lhax that's ok, and if you not, its ok too, people should discuss more interesting things, not the way one or another used to play piracy games.

Last edited by Darkrai,
Reactions: Brawl345

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This "list" was a reply to @Slartibartfast42 and I know that it is not an argument, I was just refuting his arguments in favor of A9LHax. My argument to not move to A9LHax is in some posts above...
And about you way to accidentally update the sysNand, my console is banned so I can't really enter the eshop and I know that some operations reset the system in sysNand, like use the SDManager, so I always verify in with Nand I am before risky operations like updates.
Ah yeah, I didn't see that because usually, people answer lists to lists, not lists to posts that are not lists.

Edit:
I really don't get this post idea. Some will move to a9lh, some not, why this shit bothers people so much ? There's no "better" way of hax, there's only multiple options to do the same thing. If you want to handle with A9lhax that's ok, and if you not, its ok too, people should discuss more interesting things, not the way one or another used to play piracy games.
Are you talking about my post or the thread ? Because if you read mine again, I am not trying to convince you. I just said "if those are your arguments, they don't have a lot of weight" but I never tried to outweigh them (on the contrary, I said twice that there is no argument for a9lh either).

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to have A9LH setup on my N3DSXL, but the process looks annoying, and I don't want to risk a brick...and it takes forever. I mean I already have CFW, so am I really missing out on a whole lot? I know its uses and benefits...but I'm just too paranoid to do it myself...

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you talking about my post or the thread ? Because if you read mine again, I am not trying to convince you. I just said "if those are your arguments, they don't have a lot of weight" but I never tried to outweigh them (on the contrary, I said twice that there is no argument for a9lh either).

The thread...

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would love to have A9LH setup on my N3DSXL, but the process looks annoying, and I don't want to risk a brick...and it takes forever. I mean I already have CFW, so am I really missing out on a whole lot? I know its uses and benefits...but I'm just too paranoid to do it myself...

Granted, it's not hard. You have an emunand already. Just extract saves with a save data manager, format X2 the rednand, make a backup of rednand/emunand, downgrade to 2.1, get the OTP using OTPHelper, reflash the system to 9.2.20, install A9LH using your OTP, and configure your CFW.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Granted, it's not hard. You have an emunand already. Just extract saves with a save data manager, format X2 the rednand, make a backup of rednand/emunand, downgrade to 2.1, get the OTP using OTPHelper, reflash the system to 9.2.20, install A9LH using your OTP, and configure your CFW.
If he backs up his emunand first he won't have to backup and restore his saves. Also using a second sd card he wouldn't have to backup his sd card. It would be swap sd cards, create emu/rednand, update emu/rednand(if he had patched twl/agb on sysnand), run tinyformat on one of the nands to unlink them, downgrade emu/rednand to 2.1, backup emu/rednand and sysnand(if he doesn't already have a 9.2 nand backup), click one step(or whatever it's called in otphelper), wait, dump otp, flash 9.2 sysnand backup, run safea9lhinstaller, put the a9lh cfw files on orig sd card, swap back to orig sd card, turn on, select cfw option and he's good to go. He can dump his emunand and inject it in his sys if he want but doesn't have to

Takes around an hour and a half

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: astrangeone

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
50 pages deep into the thread, and still so many misconceptions. A9lh (with recent tools) is actually probably LESS risky of a process than the downgrade to 9.2 that I'm sure 98% of the people here have done. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" isn't really valid either. Would you want to drive around in a car that on occasion doesn't start? How about own a TV or PC that sometimes doesn't fire up? Those are both broken in my eyes...

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
50 pages deep into the thread, and still so many misconceptions. A9lh (with recent tools) is actually probably LESS risky of a process than the downgrade to 9.2 that I'm sure 98% of the people here have done. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" isn't really valid either. Would you want to drive around in a car that on occasion doesn't start? How about own a TV or PC that sometimes doesn't fire up? Those are both broken in my eyes...
Some people don't shut their 3ds's off ever so the failed boot doesn't matter to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: