Gaming Who has bought Final Fantasy XIII in PC?

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I prepurchased and I regretted it. I wish I waited for review. I don't expect the PC port would be this bad, equal to deus ex the fall.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Got it for 8.5€ on Nuveem. For this price I don't really care about all those issues, especially knowning they can all be fixed using Durante's work.

2014-10-10_00005h9zlf.jpg

Doesn't look bad to me. (Screen from NeoGAF forum)

Though I'll now be very hesitant buying SE ports, as they don't seem to care about PC specific features.

Reactions: GammaGeorgeX

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an issue with controller though. I use a ps2 controller, somehow the buttons are all messed up. have been trying to use xpadder and pinnacle, and still don't work properly. :/

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with controller though. I use a ps2 controller, somehow the buttons are all messed up. have been trying to use xpadder and pinnacle, and still don't work properly. :/
Some programs like to assign buttons to controllers. It always pissed me off. I like to use a controller when reading visual novels, because I'm only going to be pressing one key (for the most part). But, a lot of the time they will have designated keys already assigned to controller input. I want X to be "Okay", darnit.

What exactly do you mean by the buttons are messed up?

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a ps2 controller too, and the buttons and right analog stick are always messed up whenever more recent games like to assume I'm using a 360 controller and give zero remapping options.

x360ce has worked for me in those situations. (After some fiddling with the inis to disable "version does not match" warnings whenever I opened games, and with the registry to prevent the multiple "This program has stopped working" messages whenever I closed them.)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean with that? The game is unplayable? Graphical glitches? Other bugs?

Resolution is locked at 720p, pretty much 0 graphical options, cutscenes have pretty bad quality, and keyboard controls are garbage (if you press ESC once, it'll exit the game without any prompts).

It's just an overall bad console port.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resolution is locked at 720p, pretty much 0 graphical options, cutscenes have pretty bad quality, and keyboard controls are garbage (if you press ESC once, it'll exit the game without any prompts).

I thought it was something unplayable. Good thing I have a HD Ready monitor, lol.

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Hey, I need some help using GeDoSaTo. So I downloaded and ran it, but the game stays in 720, as confirmed by my tv as it changes from 1080 to 720 and by the program text at launch of the game. What am I doing wrong?

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean with that? The game is unplayable? Graphical glitches? Other bugs?

my biggest problem was the controller. it doesn't detect my ps2 controller and I had to use some tweaks with pinnacle game profiler. and the worst part: it uses the integrated GPU by DEFAULT (sigh).

I have fixed most of my problems though, it's playable and nice but I wish they hadn't released such a poor port. I guess this reflects how bad pc gaming in japan.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

TBH anyone trying to play a jRPG with a keyboard is doing it wrong. Hell most RPGs just work better with a controller. MMOs aside.

my biggest problem was the controller. it doesn't detect my ps2 controller and I had to use some tweaks with pinnacle game profiler. and the worst part: it uses the integrated GPU by DEFAULT (sigh).

I have fixed most of my problems though, it's playable and nice but I wish they hadn't released such a poor port. I guess this reflects how bad pc gaming in japan.

To be fair, it supports good gamepads just fine from what i've heard. The shittier ones wont work without tweaking, but that's the same for a lot of games.

Pretty much all problems were fixed with a patch like day one. GeDoSaTo is god.
A lot of companies are bad at PC ports, and least the JRPGs slowly converting are all fixed within a week.
I'd much rather have this than nothing at all tbh. Getting to a point where the PC master race can play everything on PC would be lovely.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add on a sweetfx profile for some lumasharpening to help with the low quality textures, and the game can look alright :)

a 50-fucking-GB download is also absurd for a game of this quality.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add on a sweetfx profile for some lumasharpening to help with the low quality textures, and the game can look alright :)

a 50-fucking-GB download is also absurd for a game of this quality.
It's absurd for every game. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is less than 6GB! Well... at least my version is.

Reactions: Celice

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I've been plannign to get this, considerg I have no PS3, and admire some of the music I've heard from this game. The only reason I may not want to is becaus eof the amount of space it apparently takes up (reffering to a recent gbatemp newsletter)

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been plannign to get this, considerg I have no PS3, and admire some of the music I've heard from this game. The only reason I may not want to is becaus eof the amount of space it apparently takes up (reffering to a recent gbatemp newsletter)
Yep. This is from FFXIII's Steam page:
System Requirements:
    • Processor: 2GHz Dual Core CPU
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8 Series/ ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 series VRAM 256MB or later
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 60 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Sound card compatible with DirectX® 9.0c
    • Additional Notes:
    • *Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.

Reactions: GammaGeorgeX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.