Hardware Who else is upset at these wii-u speculators

nunavat2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who pre ordered weren't actual gamers, they were just trying to make a quick bucks. More than 2500 units on e-bay and even the local kijiji have adds with asking price of $600. I hope Nintendo will release a new batch next week.

Reactions: jalaneme

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am one of said Speculators P:) i preordered 6 units. 1 for me one for my brother 4 to resell so Mine is free. Interested? p:) asking 600 p:) rofl. and if hilarity isn;t enough My ads on Kijiji!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am one of said Speculators P:) i preordered 6 units. 1 for me one for my brother 4 to resell so Mine is free. Interested? p:) asking 600 p:) rofl. and if hilarity isn;t enough My ads on Kijiji!

for you

W%20Wanker.jpg

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While their intentions are profitable, their motives are unjust. However if you didn't preorder you really can't complain. I didn't, kind of regret it, but those "wankers" aren't getting an extra $100-$200 out of me just so I can play a WiiU earlier than I can if I waited for more stock.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect that so many people are banking on the wii U being like the wii when it launched that its actually creating artificial demand.

All will even out in time.

Reactions: HorreC

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Those who pre ordered weren't actual gamers, they were just trying to make a quick bucks. More than 2500 units on e-bay and even the local kijiji have adds with asking price of $600. I hope Nintendo will release a new batch next week.

Douchebags are douchebags, that's just how it is.
And as long as there are people stupid enough to play into their hands, that will not change.

So the only sensible thing you can do is have patience and wait for normal-priced ones to be available again instead of flushing your money down the toilet.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If someone is has fanboyism or gadgetism so deeply instilled in his or her cranium that he or she is capable of paying exponentially more money for a new console, phone or whatever other device than they are supposed to cost, or more than they're worth, actually, then it's entirely justifiable to sell these things to those people at the price point they are willing to accept. Supply and Demand - the motor of economy. It's a di*k move, but an allowed one, so if they can afford it, they're entitled to do so. It's an investment like any other - that's how business works, buy cheap and sell for more.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be happy to know my deluxe bundle is displaying battlestar galatica right now, does that mean I lose the wanker competition?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a lot of money selling the 3DS to stupid places like CeX who paid too much for them and later had to reduce them. I never pre-ordered them though (I'm a cunt but not that much of one), I saw how much CeX was willing to buy used ones for and how much Sainsburys were selling them and grabbed and sold and used the money to give my daughter an amazing day out. :yaypsp:

As for those who do pre-order and then sell them on, I'm on the fence. On one hand they're taking consoles away from those who genuinely want them, on another cash isn't always easy to get hold of, there are worse ways to earn cash.

Supply and demand, blame those who are too impatient/stupid to pay the prices or wait for supply.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I wouldn't even call this a dick move.

Now, if this was over food, medicine, or other items vital to people's health and well being, then yeah, sure. But we're talking about a video game console here - if someone didn't have the foresight to preorder and doesn't have the patience to wait, that's on them, not the seller.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If people are stupid enough to buy from these hoarders then let them be that stupid. That doesn't mean I like the hoarders, but they are free to do things like this should they want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.