White Wii U Pro Controller Region Status ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kamal, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012
    • Newcomer

Kamal New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Nintendo for some strange reason decided not to release the white wiiU pro controller in the Eu/UK YET so only black ones are available , I have the basic white wiiU and would ultimately prefer the white pro controller as I bought the system in order for it to match my per-existing white wiimotes this leads to my question

Can anyone confirm if the pro-controllers region locked (I'd like to think otherwise but it is Nintendo afterall) because im thinking of ordering from Japan or USA which have these particular controllers in abundance ?

Do you think they will eventually release these white controllers in the UK ?
    • Newcomer

soratheultima New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    This is just a guess (but i can back it up) the gamepads have their own firmware. But the pro-controllers do not. so i would assume that the pro controllers from the US would work with the EU console. why would it matter if you would get a black pro controller anyway? it's not like your going to look at it like the gamepad
    • Banned

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Message Count:
    United States
    I want my Wii pro controllers to match the Wii remote colors as I have 1 black 2 whites