White Wii U Pro Controller Region Status ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kamal, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Kamal
    OP

Kamal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2012
    Nintendo for some strange reason decided not to release the white wiiU pro controller in the Eu/UK YET so only black ones are available , I have the basic white wiiU and would ultimately prefer the white pro controller as I bought the system in order for it to match my per-existing white wiimotes this leads to my question

Can anyone confirm if the pro-controllers region locked (I'd like to think otherwise but it is Nintendo afterall) because im thinking of ordering from Japan or USA which have these particular controllers in abundance ?

Do you think they will eventually release these white controllers in the UK ?

2. soratheultima

soratheultima GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2008
    Gambia, The
    This is just a guess (but i can back it up) the gamepads have their own firmware. But the pro-controllers do not. so i would assume that the pro controllers from the US would work with the EU console. why would it matter if you would get a black pro controller anyway? it's not like your going to look at it like the gamepad

3. RedCoreZero

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Banned
    Nov 12, 2012
    United States
    Lived in Florida
    I want my Wii pro controllers to match the Wii remote colors as I have 1 black 2 whites