White PS Vita touchscreen problem...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mtpeaceful, Nov 28, 2012.

Nov 28, 2012
    • Newcomer

mtpeaceful Newbie

Message Count:
    United States
    So I got the new Assassin's Creed White PS Vita bundle and first time I start it up, I'm already facing problems with the touchscreen.

The touchscreen is not responsive at all when trying to adjust settings. Trying to set the date was nearly impossible as I kept swiping and swiping but the numbers would not scroll. After spending five minutes swiping, the numbers finally started to move but they were sluggish. After the settings were finished, I had to repeatedly tap the icons to activate the applications. This can't be normal. After a while the touchscreen was fine and had no trouble then all of a sudden it went glitchy again.

I reset the system to factory default and still encountered the touchscreen problem. I've spoken to a friend who owns the black PS Vita and he never had this issue. So not sure if it's an issue with the white one. Anyone else having the same issue?

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Message Count:
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    United States
    Have you updated yet? This could fix it.

Otherwise, just return it to the store while you can since there is no way to calibrate touch sensitivity.
    • Newcomer

mtpeaceful Newbie

Message Count:
    United States
    Yes, I did update to the latest firmware and it's still having the touch issue.

I may have to return it after all... Thanks!

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Message Count:
    Arctic Ocean
    It may be an issue with your system. I'd try going here - http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4693

After you click step 1, you can have a live Playstation support tech assist you with your issue. I noticed it's not listed in their options.

You can also send an inquiry here through their email system - http://support.us.playstation.com/app/ask

and if this doesn't help, calling the customer service line and see if they can help you...

I have the Assassin's Creed bundle myself, updated to the latest firmware, and I've had no issues with the system at all. Just got it a few days ago. Good luck!
    • Newcomer

pierslogic Perfectionist

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Ooh, I hope I don't encounter that problem when I'm getting my white PSVita, this spring.
    As everyone else has said, you should probably return it to the store and ask them to check on it.

Message Count:
    Arctic Ocean
    It seems like the issue is just a generic hardware problem and from my search on google, it's not limited to the color of the vita.

http://support.us.playstation.com/a...ps-vita-touchscreen-doesn't-respond-correctly
    Sony says that if your system isn't fixed by trying those steps, it will need to be sent in for service, and you can contact them through the ways in my previous post.

At this point, I didn't realize this is about two weeks after the initial posting, the store most likely will not take the system back. If the original user still has it, and there are still issues, even after updating the firmware, the only option is to contact Sony and have them service it or have a third party look at it which voids the warranty.
    • Newcomer

pierslogic Perfectionist

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Well that's nice to hear. I can't wait to get my hands on the vita! :lol:
    Xarsah16 likes this.

Ryupower Brood

Message Count:
    United States
    try and clean the screen?
    i had an issue where the screen was acting funny cleaned it and to seems that fixed it

als
    had the back touch pad stop working after a reboot it worked
    • Newcomer

mtpeaceful Newbie

Message Count:
    United States
    Doh! I should've updated this a while back. It appears the problem was a third-party charging adapter I was using. Somehow when the Vita was plugged into the third-party adapter, the touchscreen would have issues. When I used the Sony manufactured adapter, I had no issues. No issues since then. :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Tinkeink ov fst.

Message Count:
    Poland
    My Vita's touchscreen was calibrated spot-on out-of-the-box. I sincerely doubt that the charger would be the source of your problem... but hey, if it works now, that's cool.
    • Newcomer

pierslogic Perfectionist

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Lawl, glad the problem was solved then. For future reference now we know what to do, incase other people encounter this problem :)

Message Count:
    Arctic Ocean
    Well it's most certainly something to keep in mind ;) Though this may not be the solution for everyone, just saying. XD

mtpeaceful, if you encounter any issues with the touch screen again, please let us know here so we can possibly rule the charger out as being a solution.

Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

Message Count:
    United States
    FYI for others. sony's charger is different then others, it puts out 1500mah to charge faster, a normal USB port and most chargers output 500mah. Just sayin.

Message Count:
    Arctic Ocean
    That makes sense, but the connection between charging the battery and an unresponsive touch screen still eludes me... unless not enough power was being generated to the screen? Hmm...
    • Reporter

Qtis Grey Knight Tech-Priest

Message Count:
    Finland
    Could be that or just the fact that it caused some kind of interference to the screen or other parts responsible for it in one way or another. Good that you got it to work!

Arras I will be your hexahedron today

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Ah, I know the "charger messes up capacitive touch screen" problem. My iPod Touch does that with a third party charger, unless I touch the metal back of the device with my hand. If I don't touch the back it starts glitching. Very strange.

SPONSORED LINKS