Gaming While this e3 was quite disappointing.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo's stock drops 3.62%, so invested not not pleased either.
I am really disappointed, and many other.
If they put more effort on games and show some actual content instead amiibos that no one can get hands on, and not get everyone super hyped right before the conference.
A zelda sequel with no side quest or piece of heart, and no real plot and too many unnecessary stuff? A metroid spin-off without open world and back tracking? No pokemon even you just mentioned it in the direct on June 1st? Seriously, Nintendo? And all over the year you are just pissing us off?
Is this the downfall of Nintendo, and the entire industry since no one is going to save it? Or is it the end of the world?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, Nintendo? And all over the year you are just pissing us off?
Is this the downfall of Nintendo, and the entire industry since no one is going to save it? Or is it the end of the world?
I'm sure there's a website out there that would absolutely love to have you write for them.

In all seriousness, you're taking this way too seriously.
A zelda sequel with no side quest or piece of heart, and no real plot and too many unnecessary stuff?
It's not a sequel, just as Four Swords was not a sequel.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure there's a website out there that would absolutely love to have you write for them.

In all seriousness, you're taking this way too seriously.

It's not a sequel, just as Four Swords was not a sequel.
True but at least four swords has plot,while this is just beating enemies. I hope this ended up something better than the demo because I see nothing too good or stuff. At least there are chicken(is it cocco?) that you can hit and get killed by in those villages.

Last edited by Yil,

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
People just expected way too much from Nintendo, even though there was no way they could've topped the last two years' Smash hype.
I'm personally really excited for Star Fox Zero, Tri-Force Heroes, Paper Jam (my personal top game of the E3), Federation Force (yes it looks fun from what I saw in the Treehouse showcase) and Fire Emblem Fate.
And way to over-dramatize everything. They have Nintendo Directs every couple months, and they show games every time, that's better than any other company, even if you don't like what they show.

Reactions: RustInPeace

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It could be a lot worse. Sony barely mentioned the PS Vita, and most people didn't even realize. At least the Wii U, which many people see as a commercial failure, is receiving a major game and lots of smaller games.

The 3DS at this point just sells itself and I think Nintendo is in no rush to develop a major game for it, just announcing two Zelda and one Metroid spin-offs and calling it a day. Well, Hyrule Warrios does seem kind of cool at least. I hope their next idea for big announcement isn't yet another Pokémon title. I wouldn't mind a new 3D Mario or Metroid for the 3DS.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be a lot worse. Sony barely mentioned the PS Vita, and most people didn't even realize. At least the Wii U, which many people see as a commercial failure, is receiving a major game and lots of smaller games.

The 3DS at this point just sells itself and I think Nintendo is in no rush to develop a major game for it, just announcing two Zelda and one Metroid spin-offs and calling it a day. Well, Hyrule Warrios does seem kind of cool at least. I hope their next idea for big announcement isn't yet another Pokémon title. I wouldn't mind a new 3D Mario or Metroid for the 3DS.
yeah, a sunshine remake would rock

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Sony's continual ignoring of the Vita barely getting any attention? At least Nintendo gives exclusive games to both its platforms. Anyone who purchased a Vita should be upset that Sony has given the Vita little first party exclusive content.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why is Sony's continual ignoring of the Vita barely getting any attention? At least Nintendo gives exclusive games to both its platforms. Anyone who purchased a Vita should be upset that Sony has given the Vita little first party exclusive content.
I think I heard the word "Vita" a total amount of once during their conference.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My friend who has a Vita almost decided to sell it after the conference... I adviced him not to sell it before playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss since he's a fan of the series.

But even the Sony Computer Entertainment president called the Vita a "legacy system" this year. I guess Sony is quietly abandoning their system and focusing entirely on the PS4 instead

Last edited by RodrigoDavy,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from a year ago:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/vi...itles-and-remote-play-sony-says/1100-6420613/
because the people already knew, and nintendo has to give exclusives because no third party wants to even bother with wiiu or else there would be no games for the system
its the exact opposite situation of the vita in fact where it has pretty good third party support but no first party

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
its the exact opposite situation of the vita in fact where it has pretty good third party support but no first party
Saying the Vita has good third party support is wishful thinking at best. It has some third party support, that's it... Having a few good games doesn't make a good system. The Saturn had good games, sold twice what the Vita sold and it's still considered a failure

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
"Why is nobody mad about the Vita being ignored?"

Is that really a question? Sony completely ignored the Vita at E3 2014 and then announced they would only be getting it indies at PEX after previously announcing they wouldn't be adding anymore first party AAA titles to the system. Basically, Vita owners know exactly what they get with the system they have. You can't be disappointed when you couldn't have expectations to begin with. The Vita will get some announcements and talk time at TGS though. Despite the fact that the Vita is dead in the West, just like the PSP, it's decently strong in Japan and gaining momentum.

Also, the Vita does have pretty decent third party support from Japanese developers. You'd legitimately be surprised if you really looked into it. A lot of the games are actually pretty good too, so it isn't shovelware support either.

With that said, I was shocked to see the Vita get a legitimate game announcement at E3. It was more surprising than Shenmue 3 and FF7 Remake combined.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanted it to be a blowout like last year, but They just released baby game after baby game. This year is going to be really dry...

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
They will prob make up for it next year, maybe teasing a wii u successor. I guess they didn't have much lined up this year as they are busy working on secret projects :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey