Hacking which region 4.5 console should I buy?

nine0nine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I am looking at buying a 3DS XL and living in China I have a number of options, with using a Gaeway (or similar) card being my motivation (excuse) for buying a new toy.

I currently own a black launch console (which is currently back in the UK) and that has an old firmware on, so would be hackable when I get it back over here, I have the ambassador thing on that one and a have 3 cartridge based games as well as a few downloads off the eshop. I also won a mario special edition, which I think I'll leave boxed for now so I am looking at buying a new console so I can play some of the new games.

My options are:
A 4.5 US console, which comes in black/blue or black/red
A 4.5 Japanese console, white or a few other colours
A 4.5 ique Chinese console, in one of their very cool looking mario themed designs.

I believe there is a Honk Kong version too, although my translation aint so good.

I really like the white Jap one, and the Chinese special editions are cool too, but I worry that while I may be able to spoof a USA or UK firmware on them with the GW, if the GW for any reason becomes ususable, I dont want to be stuck with a console which cant access an English eshop.

My main question is, is the eshop fully reliable under emunand?
Under emunand, can I play original (cart) games without too much hassle, as I would still like the option of buying originals?

Should I take the safe option and get a US console in dullard colours, or go for a sexy Japanese or Chinese console and risk being lumbered later down the line?

nine0nine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I believe so thatsit, there is plenty of chat on buying games off the eshop under emunand. I am just concerned as to how secure that feature is as ideally I want to buy original games, or at least have the ability to.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
I am looking at buying a 3DS XL and living in China I have a number of options, with using a Gaeway (or similar) card being my motivation (excuse) for buying a new toy.

I currently own a black launch console (which is currently back in the UK) and that has an old firmware on, so would be hackable when I get it back over here, I have the ambassador thing on that one and a have 3 cartridge based games as well as a few downloads off the eshop. I also won a mario special edition, which I think I'll leave boxed for now so I am looking at buying a new console so I can play some of the new games.

My options are:
A 4.5 US console, which comes in black/blue or black/red
A 4.5 Japanese console, white or a few other colours
A 4.5 ique Chinese console, in one of their very cool looking mario themed designs.

I believe there is a Honk Kong version too, although my translation aint so good.

I really like the white Jap one, and the Chinese special editions are cool too, but I worry that while I may be able to spoof a USA or UK firmware on them with the GW, if the GW for any reason becomes ususable, I dont want to be stuck with a console which cant access an English eshop.

My main question is, is the eshop fully reliable under emunand?
Under emunand, can I play original (cart) games without too much hassle, as I would still like the option of buying originals?

Should I take the safe option and get a US console in dullard colours, or go for a sexy Japanese or Chinese console and risk being lumbered later down the line?

4.5 eur ice white:yaynds:
i got mine n i'm luving it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you read Japanese?
Go with a Japanese handheld.
Otherwise, there's no real difference between the EU or US versions.
Other then regionlocking.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can you even access an english eshop from a gateway jp 3ds?

no, the ehop you access is tied to the region of the system.
maybe in the future gateway or other hacks will let us spoof or change our region, but at the moment no.

nine0nine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
no, the ehop you access is tied to the region of the system.
maybe in the future gateway or other hacks will let us spoof or change our region, but at the moment no.

Under Emunand, doesnt the system essentially reboot as the other region firmware? So i could boot the us nand on a japanese console?

The reason i am going for a us or jap console is because eu consoles are scarce here, and eu games are even more scarce, i could import but the postage system is very unreliable.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Under Emunand, doesnt the system essentially reboot as the other region firmware? So i could boot the us nand on a japanese console?

The reason i am going for a us or jap console is because eu consoles are scarce here, and eu games are even more scarce, i could import but the postage system is very unreliable.
sure, the emunand is the same region as your console, but i am sure in the future we will be able to change the region of the emunand and or the system nand, but at the moment we cannot.

nine0nine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Looks like a usa console is my best option then, if nintendo blocks out the gateway and emunand goodness, ill still have a eshop in a language i can understand
:yaysp:

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao